Hazard 17 Lynn Camp 13

STRIKE3

I won't argue about that because I don't care. I just know that I have seen them get in a circle and do jumping jacks or whatever it is they do after every game I have seen them play.

Was the penalty discrepancy 15-4?

Went from 18 to 5, to 15 to 4?:lol:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of the penalties, be it 18/5 or 15/4 were just plain stupid actions. When a play is over, it's over. Quit jawing, quit shoving, quit the theatrics. Just get ready to go again.

When you do it enough, the flags will fly and scrutiny increases. THEN, IF you keep doing it, the flag is always a little easier to toss.

Yeah, it was really out of hand when he slapped Coach Mitchell's daughter. The guy was claiming to be the Chief of Police from over there. Apparently if you're a ranking public official you can hit girls when they tell you that you shouldn't be in the opposing teams' press box. I watched that spectacle in shock and dismay.

In other news, the Hitmen did a good job staying in the game and fighting through the some really questionable officiating against a team that they weren't supposed to be able to compete with.

The mother of LCA's QB, Witt, is the Fayette County Sheriff. I can speak with confidence that Sheriff Witt will NOT slap anybody (or do anything else obnoxious) at the upcoming Hazard/LCA game!!!!!

Hazard does the same thing on their end of the field after every win or loss. Hazard had 18 penalties and Lynn Camp had 5 penalties. A little lopsided in that department.

Wrong. Lynn Camp had SEVEN holding calls. Hazard had ONLY one penalty in the second half, a block below the wait. The tally was 15 against LC and less than 7 for Hazard. Hazard, a spread passing team with only a single holding call, and Lynn Camp a running team with seven?

Two of the holding calls were called on pancake blocks where the tackle, 76, drove the kid directly to the ground. The officials for the game were just plain pathetic.

Was Hazard holding back?

The Dawgs caught us with our team leading rusher out with a season ending injury, a couple of our best defenders are not 100% and we came within 4 of one of the best teams in class A ball, but the next time (if they both make it that far) they meet we'll be unprepared and lay down for the home team to score at will?

That seems to be what was just said, and seems just wrong.

I know the Hazard bunch will be upset, but merely being upset does not make you play an incredible ammount better.

I'm also assuming (as ignorant as that can be) that the game will not be close due to what was perceived to be a bad game by the Dawgs.

Granted, that may well have not been one of their (HHS) better endeavors on the gridiron this season, but are you assuming (there's that ugly word again) that Lynn Camp was on the field with the very best showing that they have thrown together this year?

They did NOT play their best football friday night, either.

I cannot believe that it was all bad football by one team and stupendous, fantastic and over-their-heads football by an underdog.

Arrogance can be a heavy sword to wield on the field of battle, my friend. Oft times it is a weapon better left sheathed, less the weight of it weaken the hand of the once mighty, causing his collapse!!

(OR, to put it simpler, overlook somebody because you have a snotty attitude and get your butt kicked!!!)

I'm also assuming (as ignorant as that can be) that the game will not be close due to what was perceived to be a bad game by the Dawgs.

Granted, that may well have not been one of their (HHS) better endeavors on the gridiron this season, but are you assuming (there's that ugly word again) that Lynn Camp was on the field with the very best showing that they have thrown together this year?

They did NOT play their best football friday night, either.

I cannot believe that it was all bad football by one team and stupendous, fantastic and over-their-heads football by an underdog.

Arrogance can be a heavy sword to wield on the field of battle, my friend. Oft times it is a weapon better left sheathed, less the weight of it weaken the hand of the once mighty, causing his collapse!!

(OR, to put it simpler, overlook somebody because you have a snotty attitude and get your butt kicked!!!)

Daddy Cat, you don't care much for the Hazard Bulldogs do you.:laugh:

Lynn Camp played very well this game and gain alot of respect and attention. Alot of people thought Hazard would walk away with a 2 or 3 touchdown victory. They were able to move the ball well and played tough defense in the first half. Hazard came out of the locker room ready to play in the 2nd half and scored easily on the 1st and 2nd drive, Hazard defense also stepped up in the 2nd half as well. It took till late in the 3rd quarter for Lynn Camps defense to make the necessary adjustments and settle in. It was a very good ball game.

That being said I was very dissapointed in the conduct of Hazards players. After hazard kicked a extra point Lynn Camp had a player go down with an injury. Lynn Camps players were off the field taking a knee and Hazard continued their post touchdown celebration. They came out and lined up to kick off still jumping up and down signaling for the crowd to "get up" hooping and hollering with Tyrone person still on the field hurt, that was in bad taste. The crotch kicking incident, hitting after the whistle, taunting and trash talking was not what I expected from one of the top single a schools in the state. Not to mention the jumping jacks after the game.... it is not cool to do that away from your home field on the home side of the stands, if you have to do it, do it in front of your fans.

I wanderd why the kids acted like that and after the game was over I got my answer when I saw how their fans and parents acted. It ruined what was a really hard fought ball game. Im not trying to say Hazard is a bad ball team or anything like that because you can tell thay have some big tough athletes and a proven record. I just cant believe their coach lets them get by with all the extras they do, they are a good team and it is not needed in the sport.

The last time I was at LC, I witnessed a group of LC fans arguing with a 70 year old fan that was confined to a wheelchair. I have heard all of these LC fans talk about how bad other fans act, but I will say the one and only time I was ever there, they were the worst.

you should be a referee and here how you all treat us!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think a lot of fans from a lot of schools have poor taste. Now, there's some that are good people but the majority think, truly thinks that officials try and cheat them.

We do know this, at times our families will travel to the game and they have to witness their husbands, fathers, or sons being screamed, cursed, and spoke to so negative, they ask why do we put up with it. Answer, we love the game and want to stay close to it. Honestly, I don't hear any of it unless I am at a game that I am not working.

Everyone should just get along and practice good sportsmanship.

I have read all the posts on the web regarding the Hazard/LC game and I felt I needed to put in my two cents worth oon the topic.

I attended the game and must say I was astonished by many of the calls the Refs made. Granted, they are often in a bad situation, having to make subjective calls in potentially volitile circumstances. Also, it is impossible to please everyone. However, I felt there were too many calls made that favored the LC team and attempted to cut off Hazard at the knees. Almost every time we had momentum going in the first half, we received some sort of penalty stopping the game flow. I realize some of them may have been legitimate, but several were just outlandish. Then, in the second half, things escalated and we received calls that were just out in left field...ie the "touched" punt by Josh Kidd when he wasn't near the ball, or the end zone call when no ref was even close enough to determine where the ball crossed the line, and we got the ball on the one yard line. There were others that I won't mention, but I am sure the refs have good recall of them.

Also, how can you explain all our bickering about the officiating when we, in fact, won the game in spite of their questionable calls?

As I understand it, the tapes are being reviewed and hopefully, if there were inadequate calls made, the refs will be called on the carpet and similar episodes will not happen again. After all, the actions of the officials sets the pace for the game, and calls should be made honestly, not in favor of anyone.

I wish LC nothing but the best in their future and regret their best player's season ending injury.

I also wish nothing but the best for our Bulldogs and hope they advance well into the playoffs.

GO DAWGS!:dancingpa