Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6A Playoffs

Featured Replies

Who do you think is the most likely team to win state????

Rocks always seem to rise to the occasion. They have to be the favorite heading into the big dance. Sure, X seems to have a slight edge at this point, but it belongs to Trinity. UNTIL somebody eliminates the Rocks, The Rocks will be dancing come December 8.....

St X or Trinity...no different then any other year

St X or Trinity...no different then any other year

 

Unfortunately unless you are a T or X fan it will be a year just like every other year in football. It really diminishes the interest in Highschool football when the same teams dominate year after year after year............I wish someone would find a way to beat these teams every year! Much like Clark County in 1991! Stomped em back to back!!!!!!

Unfortunately unless you are a T or X fan it will be a year just like every other year in football. It really diminishes the interest in Highschool football when the same teams dominate year after year after year............I wish someone would find a way to beat these teams every year! Much like Clark County in 1991! Stomped em back to back!!!!!!

 

I would not say stomped them. As I recall the final with St. Xavier was a good game with Clark County's running back(s) very dominate.

 

On the issue at hand I would have to agree with Riverside that until someone eliminates Trinity which has not been done since 2004 they are the team to beat in the playoffs. I think St. Xavier has the best opportunity to eliminate them this year.

Until someone beats them, Trinity or St. Xavier.

Rocks always seem to rise to the occasion. They have to be the favorite heading into the big dance. Sure, X seems to have a slight edge at this point, but it belongs to Trinity. UNTIL somebody eliminates the Rocks, The Rocks will be dancing come December 8.....

 

I would not say stomped them. As I recall the final with St. Xavier was a good game with Clark County's running back(s) very dominate.

 

On the issue at hand I would have to agree with Riverside that until someone eliminates Trinity which has not been done since 2004 they are the team to beat in the playoffs. I think St. Xavier has the best opportunity to eliminate them this year.

 

 

Don't know if I would say that. The Tigers handled us pretty well on 9-28, even after we knocked out the starting QB the Tigers still won. I would put the undefeated Tigers as the team to beat in the playoffs right now.

St.X is the best football team in the state of Kentucky.

^ I think U K could beat them... and maybe U of L.:jump:

The privates win! :laugh::laugh:

 

Advantage: T

Needs to win: X

I would not say stomped them. As I recall the final with St. Xavier was a good game with Clark County's running back(s) very dominate.

 

On the issue at hand I would have to agree with Riverside that until someone eliminates Trinity which has not been done since 2004 they are the team to beat in the playoffs. I think St. Xavier has the best opportunity to eliminate them this year.

 

Clark County was clearly the DOMINANT team in the state that season.

Is there a reason why T and X are not in the same region so they would not play for the Championship? It seems to me that they should be playing each other for the regional championship.

^ two reasons

 

1 - I am sure is $$$$ for the KHSAA as they are the ones that decided it

2 - is because logistically, by splitting the city in half, they can get a fairly equal amount of teams in the east and west.

 

I do believe the right decision has been made. Last year we were on the same side, and the "real" state championship, or at least who we knew would win was Male -vs- Trinity in Round 3.

^ two reasons

 

1 - I am sure is $$$$ for the KHSAA as they are the ones that decided it

2 - is because logistically, by splitting the city in half, they can get a fairly equal amount of teams in the east and west.

 

I do believe the right decision has been made. Last year we were on the same side, and the "real" state championship, or at least who we knew would win was Male -vs- Trinity in Round 3.

 

So is this just for X and T. I would like to see Russell play Befry for the 3-A Championship. For several years they were the two best teams but got no action from the KHSAA. I guess life is not fair.

So is this just for X and T. I would like to see Russell play Befry for the 3-A Championship. For several years they were the two best teams but got no action from the KHSAA. I guess life is not fair.

How does it being this way not make life fair. Generally speaking Trinity, Male, and St. Xavier are THE best in the state. Now, take where they are located out of it. What is more FAIR? The two best teams playing in Round 3 or for the hardware? Exactly. The KHSAA made the right call fiscally, and logistically with this decision.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.