St. X / Louisville Central Predictions

Diogenes

St. X at Louisville Central: Who wins?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. St. X at Louisville Central: Who wins?

I am curious if Central's field will hold up this week with all the rain?

Excellent question. Does anyone know the answer? It's realatively new isn't it?

If it's anything like Manuals field we all know the answer. Next to the archaic light system, the drainage on that field is in the top 5 things that need to be improved.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central could very well have a .500 regular season and go on to win a state championship. I wonder if that has ever happened?

I believe in 2004 we had a 1-14 State Champion :lol:, although I do believe they just had to forfeit several games for playing an ineligible player.

Excellent question. Does anyone know the answer? It's realatively new isn't it?

If it's anything like Manuals field we all know the answer. Next to the archaic light system, the drainage on that field is in the top 5 things that need to be improved.

I'm going to answer my own question. I got impatient and drove down there on my lunch hour. The field and the track surrounding it had no water standing any where. With having 3" to 4" of rain in the last 24 to 48 hours; that's a good sign. The field may still be soft, but it shouldn't be torn up at least at the start of the game.

Freshmen game has been moved to St.X at 5:30pm Thursday.

It was originally on the freshman schedule to be played at St. X. But it's good to remind everyone to come out and suppport the Baby Bengals. These guys lost their season opener to Moeller and haven't looked back. Keep it rollin' Boys! Let's make it 8 and 1.

:thumb:GO TIGERS! :thumb:

Hopefully the Tigers have shaken off the rust and will come off the bus ready to play. They don't want to let a dangerous Central team keep hanging around in the 2nd half or there could be an upset in the making. Let's hope the weather won't be factor. St. X should win by a couple of TDs.

I admire the Central coaches for putting together one of the toughest schedules in the state. I don't think they will be afraid to line up against anyone come tournament time.

St. X 35 - Central 13. Both teams have plenty of speed, but a soft, wet field slows things down, and X has a superior power game. Like others, I commend the Yellowjackets for taking on all comers.

As an aside, which X common opponent school/coach set up the more difficult schedule, Central or PRP? Central scheduled Male, Manual, Johnson Central, X and Fort Thomas Highlands. PRP scheduled Indianapolis Cathedral, Ballard, Eastern, X, T, and Manual.

Just Curious, I have read that Central has less discipline than X. I know that X is a disciplined team. Does Central have a discipline problem? If so, I haven't heard of any. Does anybody have info on this? Hey thsrocks, why will X be in a hurry to leave downtown?

O - The way that I intrepret others which are saying Central in not disciplined is that they may not hold their assignments during the play. They may not be proficient in assignment football.... Not being disciplined in ones assignments on partular plays could lead to the opponent getting 6 points before one says "help" ...... If Central is to pull the upset, it will truly be a team effort and an outstanding one at that. They will have to be extremely disciplined. I hope I cleared that up for you...? I don't think anyone is trying to paint a picture of off field activities when talking about discipline...

WRT to comment on leaving downtown, I think it might be best for the author to explain his words.....

Just Curious, I have read that Central has less discipline than X. I know that X is a disciplined team. Does Central have a discipline problem? If so, I haven't heard of any. Does anybody have info on this? Hey thsrocks, why will X be in a hurry to leave downtown?

This Central squad is actually much more disciplined in their play than previous teams have been, that said St.X has too much for them.