The Stables (Formerly Cold Spring Road House)

Birdsfan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there a few weeks ago. It is nice. They really cleaned up the inside but there is still that big hill in the hallway. I had the salmon and really liked it. I'll go back

Dined with a group of about ten a couple of weeks ago. They have tryed to go a little more upscale that the previous restaurants. Service was good, food was average. Kids didn't like their food. Wife did not like chicken breast. I had ribs. They were ok, but for the price I could have been at Montgomery Inn. Don't think we'll go back.

My wife and I ate there a few weeks back. The interior definitely looks a lot better, however it was not enough to cover for the lack of service and the extremely mediocre food. I had the rueben, my wife had a burger. Quick bit to eat however it was pathetic. My rueben had about two ounces of meat and even less sauerkraut. There was literally about a half an inch of untouched bread on the outside of the sandwich because of the lack of substance. My wifes burger might have been the size of the mini's at Ruby Tuesdays. The best meal of all was probably the little one's grilled cheese. It was larger than both of our meals combined. They took the grilled part to heart however, it was like charcoal on the outsides. Needless to say we all left looking for something else to snack on. Its one thing for me to leave hungry, but my wife is not a big eater. We will not return.

We went to the Stables last night for my grandma's birthday. We had a party of about 30, and actually received excellent service. It may have made a difference that we were in the banquet room. The renovations are very nice. My food was good. Had the New York Strip and sweet potato fries (yummy). It is a bit pricey though. I guess everyone's experience is different.