Johnson Central 48 Louisville Central 29

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I heard on the radio that JC had a 48 to 15 lead in the 4th quarter.

I heard Central score to make it 48 to 29 and the announcer said JC put their starters "back in" which made me wonder if the game was ever close.

Would love to hear more details.

I thought I heard on the radio that JC had a 48 to 15 lead in the 4th quarter.

I heard Central score to make it 48 to 29 and the announcer said JC put their starters "back in" which made me wonder if the game was ever close.

Would love to hear more details.

JC was ahead 41 - 15, and started playing the 2nd string, LC scored a TD and

apparently recovered a onside kick and scored again. LC's last 2 scores came within 45 seconds of each other, so Matney re-inserted the starting line-up. JC dominated this game from the beginning. This was the best game they've play so far IMO.

This game was not NEARLY as close as the score indicated. JC took the ball off the coin toss and marched it down the field to make it 8-0, the other Central answered to make it 8-7, and then the rout was on.

It was 28-7 at the half. And it was 41-7 when JC put in the second team defense with about 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Louisville Central still had their starters in and still kept throwing the ball, and scored on the second team, then JC punted, and Lou. Central scored again and recovered an onside kick and threw another touchdown pass to set the final margin.

JC ran pretty much at will tonight. Grim broke a long touchdown run past the Yellowjackets. Nathan Dillon was over 100 yards, and if Chase Richardson didn't hit 100, he was close. Ratliff also connected with Welch for a couple of long pass plays over the top. The Eagles had one turnover that I recall (an INT) and put the ball on the ground twice, I think, but didn't lose either one that I recall. It was definitely NOT the same team that showed up wearing our uniforms against Woodford County or Paintsville, and this Louisville Central team probably had just as much speed (or more) than Woodford. As a whole team, we simply blocked better, tackled better, and made fewer turnovers; there was nothing miraculous about it.

Definitely the best game I've seen us play at the most crucial time in the four years of the Matney Era so far, and probably one of the two or three most enjoyable I've watched in nearly two decades of following JCHS football. I think our season is back on track after a brief (and scary) derailment, and I think if this team tonight seals the deal for the rest of the season and shows up in Versailles in playoff week two, you'll see a true contest.

All I have to say is at the end of the 3rd quarter the score was 41-7, thats what I call Total Domination.:thumb:

To the game, the game was really never close. JC put on a clinic tonight with the run. I dont know Grim's exact yardage but it had to be over 200 yds with I think 4 TD's. Lou. Central stacked the box but still couldnt stop the JC running attack which also allowed for some big plays in the passing game, mostly off a Tight End release. The starting JC defense was solid all night. But of everything that went right tonight for JC, the thing that impressed me or pleased me more than anything was the run blocking by the O-line. They were blowing Lou. Central off the ball and where getting down field to help spring alot of big runs. Also, congrats to Josh Gourdouze, picked off a pass and ran it in for a TD. I always love to see a defensive lineman score a TD.

What did JC do that was successful? Were they running straight ahead, misdirection or outside stuff?

How was the line play of Lou Central? I thought Woodford County won that game with Johnson Central on the line of scrimmage and I'm guessing it was the other way around tonight.

What type of defense does Lou Central run?

Just curious how these two matched up against each other, specifically.

Good win for JC ... I don't think Central is nearly as good as advertised ... good QB but not much else around him.

I have to wonder if they will still be ranked number 1. IMO I think Belfry should now be the number 1 team.

What did JC do that was successful? Were they running straight ahead, misdirection or outside stuff?

How was the line play of Lou Central? I thought Woodford County won that game with Johnson Central on the line of scrimmage and I'm guessing it was the other way around tonight.

What type of defense does Lou Central run?

Just curious how these two matched up against each other, specifically.

Now why would a Belfry guy want to know all of this information specifically?:D

Primilary everything JC ran was staight up smashmouth football, very few outside the tackle runs. The line play of Lou. Central wasnt good. JC had pressure on their QB all night when he was trying to pass and JC made numerous stops up the middle on runs. LC stacked the LOS against JC to try force JC to throw which it did with success. Numerous times there were 9 and 10 defenders within 3 yards of the LOS.

Primilary everything JC ran was staight up smashmouth football, very few outside the tackle runs. The line play of Lou. Central wasnt good. JC had pressure on their QB all night when he was trying to pass and JC made numerous stops up the middle on runs. LC stacked the LOS against JC to try force JC to throw which it did with success. Numerous times there were 9 and 10 defenders within 3 yards of the LOS.

Cool. :thumb:

I love that kind of football.

I have to wonder if they will still be ranked number 1. IMO I think Belfry should now be the number 1 team.

Well Belfry deserves the #1 ranking but considering 1-6 Boyle County was ranked 5th last week .. I wouldn't hold your breath.