Buss: I'd listen to offers for Kobe

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/10402304

Lakers owner says he'd consider trading Bryant; Shaq surprised

HONOLULU -- Jerry Buss has already shown that he'll part with superstars. Yet upon hearing that the Los Angeles Lakers owner would consider trading Kobe Bryant, even Shaquille O'Neal was shocked.

"I guess it's business before loyalty. But, wow. He said that?" O'Neal said Thursday in Miami after learning Buss told reporters he would trade Bryant under the right circumstances.

Buss indeed did, telling three Los Angeles-area beat writers covering training camp in Honolulu on Wednesday that he "would certainly listen" to trade offers for the two-time NBA scoring champion.

"At any time, I think you have to do that with anybody," Buss said, discussing Bryant publicly for the first time since the often-frustrated Lakers' star asked to be traded at the end of last season. "It's just part of the game, to listen to somebody who has a dissatisfied player that you think is going to fit.

"You can't keep too many loyalties. You've got to look at it as a business. He looks at it the same way I look at it."

Buss made his comments to reporters from the Los Angeles Times, the Orange County Register and the Riverside Press-Enterprise.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The simplest way for him to get to Los Angeles would be for the Lakers to send Lamar Odom to Phoenix. Their salaries are close enough (Marion is making $16 million this season, Odom $13 million) and the cost-conscious Suns would shave $3 million off their payroll.

So were KG & AI.

Yeah but they were playing in Minnesota and Philadelphia. That's like staging a wayyyyyy Off Broadway Play. The Lakers ARE the big time. Big, Big difference. I hope that Kobe does get traded to a team where he has some help so I can watch him play like he did this summer and quit busting his chops about being selfish and petulant. There, I said it HammerTime, I think he's the best player in the game--I just want to watch him be able to play like it. He comes across as so unwatchable in his current situation.

Yeah but they were playing in Minnesota and Philadelphia. That's like staging a wayyyyyy Off Broadway Play. The Lakers ARE the big time. Big, Big difference. I hope that Kobe does get traded to a team where he has some help so I can watch him play like he did this summer and quit busting his chops about being selfish and petulant. There, I said it HammerTime, I think he's the best player in the game--I just want to watch him be able to play like it. He comes across as so unwatchable in his current situation.

Welcome to the good side. :p :ylsuper::ylsuper::ylsuper: