Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WKU Coaches at Elliott Co.

Featured Replies

I know there are alot of fans on the board for them but i do believe they are a tad bit overrated. I have seen them play and i love how the twins play but I am not as overly excited as everyone else is about Ferguson and heres why.

 

1) if hes 6'2", Im 7'5". He is not that tall, he maybe close to 6 foot tall.

 

2) His ball handling needs alot of work. His head is up but his eyes are down.

 

3) Hes had the benefit of playing with two great distributors his whole high school career

 

He is a talented player, but i dont believe there is a D-1 team that he could play on and definately not star on. If he becomes a better ball handler and becomes a point guard than yes there will be plenty of suitors but until that day comes i dont think he could do it. I also agree with hoops yoda. The 11th Region is unreal and it would be hard for any of those players to get the attention they are getting at Elliott, on any top team in the 11th. Scott Counties 8th man could start at Elliott.. Oh wait he does. No offense to Maynard because he can fill it up but he would not be playing very much at Scott, but that just might be my opinion.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
I know there are alot of fans on the board for them but i do believe they are a tad bit overrated. I have seen them play and i love how the twins play but I am not as overly excited as everyone else is about Ferguson and heres why.

 

1) if hes 6'2", Im 7'5". He is not that tall, he maybe close to 6 foot tall.

 

2) His ball handling needs alot of work. His head is up but his eyes are down.

 

3) Hes had the benefit of playing with two great distributors his whole high school career

 

He is a talented player, but i dont believe there is a D-1 team that he could play on and definately not star on. If he becomes a better ball handler and becomes a point guard than yes there will be plenty of suitors but until that day comes i dont think he could do it. I also agree with hoops yoda. The 11th Region is unreal and it would be hard for any of those players to get the attention they are getting at Elliott, on any top team in the 11th. Scott Counties 8th man could start at Elliott.. Oh wait he does. No offense to Maynard because he can fill it up but he would not be playing very much at Scott, but that just might be my opinion.

 

 

First of all Maynard does not start for Elliott. I agree with you on Ferguson as far as Ball Handling that does need some work. He is closer to 6-2 then he is 6-0. Another thing to think about is is only a JUNIOR he has 2 years of HS left so I would wait to pass judgement until then. I have heard he is getting alot of ATTN from colleges.

Don't know any details about Maynard and Scott Co., but I know one thing and that is when he is on, he can shoot and make from anywhere on the floor. I seen that last year in regional and also a couple of years ago at Fleming Co. Shooters will always find playing time.

Cats Royal, all 3 of Elliott Co's Jr's would start at Scott Co. if you place them at the 1, 2 or 3 spots. All 3 would start at Mason Co. if Miller were to play the 3 or 4 as each of them are better than Middleton at this stage & would play in front of him. That is not a knock on him in any way as he is a very good player. If Maynard would be Scott Co's 8th man then he would get plenty of minutes the way Coach Hicks plays and if that is so then I imagine that would make him the 6th man for Mason Co.

  • Author
I know there are alot of fans on the board for them but i do believe they are a tad bit overrated. I have seen them play and i love how the twins play but I am not as overly excited as everyone else is about Ferguson and heres why.

 

1) if hes 6'2", Im 7'5". He is not that tall, he maybe close to 6 foot tall.

 

2) His ball handling needs alot of work. His head is up but his eyes are down.

 

3) Hes had the benefit of playing with two great distributors his whole high school career

 

He is a talented player, but i dont believe there is a D-1 team that he could play on and definately not star on. If he becomes a better ball handler and becomes a point guard than yes there will be plenty of suitors but until that day comes i dont think he could do it. I also agree with hoops yoda. The 11th Region is unreal and it would be hard for any of those players to get the attention they are getting at Elliott, on any top team in the 11th. Scott Counties 8th man could start at Elliott.. Oh wait he does. No offense to Maynard because he can fill it up but he would not be playing very much at Scott, but that just might be my opinion.

 

 

Ferguson has played with the Faulkners for his career and they beneifit from each other. With him playing inside that will only help his game out in College. :thumb:

What makes you an expert on Elliott and Maynard.

 

I don't know that anyone on here qualifies as an expert. I watched Tyler play here in Scott Co. He is a great kid and a very good shooter, but imo- not a D-1 prospect. I'm not insulting the kid - there aren't many D-1 kids coming from Kentucky these days (as shown in the other threads I started.)

Hoops Yoda you need to get out of your central Ky barnstall & away from your horses to watch someone other than the 11th & Scott Co play as you are definitely wrong about this! The twins & Ferguson all would start at Scott Co at the 1,2, & 3 spots! How? they are simply better than anyone Scott Co has mybe not by much but they are. Plus they definitely play more tenacious, just as athletic & Coach Hicks would love them as they are his kind of players. Maynard would not have gotten major minutes but that doesn't say much with all the talent there. However he would have played some last year & a lot this year as Coach Hicks loves shooters. Other than starters he probably would have played as much as any other underclassman last year. Yes there are potentially 4 D1 players @ Elliott but most likely will only be 1 when all is said & done,the big freshman. These kids would definitely be somewhere in top 15 in the 11th. If Elliott had an inside presence they would give Scott Co all they wanted & possibly beat them. Shocking isn't it? Thats why I say you need to see more than just the 11th. I love watching the Cardinals play, its a lot of fun with their effort & style & wish them nothing but success. IMO Scott Co will once again be top 5 in the state good but I do not see them repeating & maybe not even winning the 11th. Why? IMO the lack of a leader. Someone willing to take over now that Mackey is gone & Hundley is the only one with that personality so maybe he can be the guy. Someone must accept that role! All are great kids but the lack of mental toughness or mean streak may stop them from a repeat. Good luck to both teams

 

My cards left the beautiful bluegrass region last year to come to the cold, hard northeastern part of the state and play some of the best of the 16th region... After winning by about 50 every game, I'm glad we compete in the 11th.

I disagree with your take on the defense.

I agree my Cards could struggle this year. Everyone knows they will miss Matt Walls, but they will miss defensive stopper Jimmy Warren just as much. Plus they have a BRUTAL schedule.

I haven't looked at Elliott's schedule for this year - are these kids going to be challenged?

  • Author
My cards left the beautiful bluegrass region last year to come to the cold, hard northeastern part of the state and play some of the best of the 16th region... After winning by about 50 every game, I'm glad we compete in the 11th.

I disagree with your take on the defense.

I agree my Cards could struggle this year. Everyone knows they will miss Matt Walls, but they will miss defensive stopper Jimmy Warren just as much. Plus they have a BRUTAL schedule.

I haven't looked at Elliott's schedule for this year - are these kids going to be challenged?

 

I dont think Scott Co. played the best 16th Region teams last year. I know they didnt play Elliott Co. Did they play Ashland, Russell or Rose Hill. I think they played Boyd, Lewis and Greenup. :sssh:

 

 

Elliott Co. plays Mason Co. ,Christian Co. 5/3 Tourney and WV/KY Shootout.

And Scott County beat Boyd by a walloping 85 to 48. Boyd beat Rose Hill by double-digits 54 to 43 in the first round of their district and Rose hill had two top 50 players in the country in their respective class.

Hoops Yoda you need to get out of your central Ky barnstall & away from your horses to watch someone other than the 11th & Scott Co play as you are definitely wrong about this! The twins & Ferguson all would start at Scott Co at the 1,2, & 3 spots! How? they are simply better than anyone Scott Co has mybe not by much but they are.
A pretty bold statement ...

How many top 25 teams did Elliott face last year? Maybe they had a tougher schedule than some believe?

How many top 25 teams did Elliott face last year? Maybe they had a tougher schedule than some believe?

 

Your point?

Did Elliott play a tough schedule, that would help in showing that the players deserve some credit while being outside of the 11th. You were pointing out that 3 kids for Elliott would knock 3 kids at Scott County out of starting roles. I would assume Jordan Lee is a lock to start since he's a returning starter which is a legit front-court player with height along with Phares would also be a lock being 6-7. That would mean Portwood and Hundley would be replaced along with Scott County's other back-court starter.

OYPREPS I would start with the big lineup with Hundley,Lee & Phares along with Ferguson @ 2 & Ethan Faulkner at 1. If I had to go smaller due to Lee or Phares being in foul trouble then I would go with the other twin from Elliott @2 moving Ferguson to 3 & Hundley to 4 then Protwood would be the next option @ 2 or 3. Be a great problem to have one that I'm sure any coach would enjoy. All these kids are nice players and great kids and all I was pointing out in the beginning is when Hoops Yoda stated these 3 kids would not be in the top tier in region 11 mainly because they play in a less competitive region & I totally disagree. It doesn't seem as if Billy G thinks along those lines or he would not have offerred a 16th region kid a scholly!

I know there are alot of fans on the board for them but i do believe they are a tad bit overrated. I have seen them play and i love how the twins play but I am not as overly excited as everyone else is about Ferguson and heres why.

 

1) if hes 6'2", Im 7'5". He is not that tall, he maybe close to 6 foot tall.

 

2) His ball handling needs alot of work. His head is up but his eyes are down.

 

3) Hes had the benefit of playing with two great distributors his whole high school career

 

He is a talented player, but i dont believe there is a D-1 team that he could play on and definately not star on. If he becomes a better ball handler and becomes a point guard than yes there will be plenty of suitors but until that day comes i dont think he could do it. I also agree with hoops yoda. The 11th Region is unreal and it would be hard for any of those players to get the attention they are getting at Elliott, on any top team in the 11th. Scott Counties 8th man could start at Elliott.. Oh wait he does. No offense to Maynard because he can fill it up but he would not be playing very much at Scott, but that just might be my opinion.

 

First of all everyone is entitled to their own opinion! Opinion's are like elbow's most people have one or two! :D You haven't laid eye's on Jonathan in 21/2

month's if not longer in which he has grown close to an inch. If you mash down hard on his hair he is six feet one and three quarter's of an inch tall which basically puts him at 6-2 on the listing. Jonathan has played on two aau teams in the last two summers, played in several elite camps and various other places

against all different heights, rankings and talents and consistently averages

18-20 pts, 6 or 7 rebounds, and 3 or 4 asst per game. Inside outside whereever! A D1 head coach in the Atlantic Sun Conf. said it best quote" Jonathan definately has a knack for getting the job done against any talent level ive watched him play against" quote. At the present time he is getting letters from 37 D1 school's. I realize they are not all real serious right now but there is seven

that highly regards him and is pretty serious now in their recruiting efforts.

He has a super work ethic and im pretty confident :D barring no injurys or nothing that when he graduates he has a D1 scholarship waiting for him. And that is their opinion!!!!:ylsuper:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.