Rockcastle County 51 McCreary Central 0

Birdsfan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I would like to say congratulations to the ROCK for a great game played and a big congratulations to Casey Hayes and Zach Burkhart on their MVP'S for the night great game played guy's. So ROCK keep on ROCKIN'!!!!!!

This was just a case of McCreary having to face a quality program. No disrespect to their previous opponents but they didn't measure up. Nothing to hang your head over Raiders in years past the coaches wouldn't even have allowed this game to be played due to injury risk. Just keep getting better and work hard in the offseason.

Very true post. Big difference between Rock and Leslie, Williamsburg etc. Rock and Knox in the first round will be a war. McCreary needs to enjoy their first time in the playoffs b/c it will be short.

Wow, I expected Rock to win big but to stop Watts like that is amazing.

IMO Watts is a quality runner but a team can stop someone like that if the rest of the offense is not clicking, this sets up a rematch with Knox Central for Rockcastle that should be an interesting game in the playoffs.

Yes, it pretty much seeds the playoffs now.

BELL

KNOX

ROCK

MCCREARY 1st time in 22 year history

MADISON SOUTHERN is out.

Technically, that's not quite correct. All Southern has to do is knock off both Bell County and Knox Central and they get the four spot with a 2-2 district record over a 1-3 McCreary.

IMO Watts is a quality runner but a team can stop someone like that if the rest of the offense is not clicking, this sets up a rematch with Knox Central for Rockcastle that should be an interesting game in the playoffs.

I sure miss the good ol' days of regional play. Knox Central and Rockcastle both would be heavy favorites over Lawrence, Boyd, Greenup, or Rowan. McCreary would have a really good chance also.

I sure miss the good ol' days of regional play. Knox Central and Rockcastle both would be heavy favorites over Lawrence, Boyd, Greenup, or Rowan. McCreary would have a really good chance also.

I agree this setup is a messed up deal even if it does save a little bus fuel.

Very true post. Big difference between Rock and Leslie, Williamsburg etc. Rock and Knox in the first round will be a war. McCreary needs to enjoy their first time in the playoffs b/c it will be short.

Baby steps, first make it to the playoffs(which it looks like we did this year) next try to work towards a win in the playoffs and then so - on & so - on. I can gaurantee that the Raiders will continue to work hard I just hope they have 50 in the weightroom during the off season!

I have a question, me and some of the McCreary coaching staff was wondering how Knox Central beat thje Rock? We have played them both and there is no way that the knox that played us could have beaten the Rock that played us. So, some of you Rock faithfull please elaborate on how that game unfolded because in the universe I live in there is no way Knox beats Rock without some special circumstances going on. I am sorry if this should be a new thread, if it should be would a moderator please do that and give it aproper title. Thanks!

Care to elaborate on "special circumstances"?

I don't know, Rock team had the flu or at least a key player or two out. Things like that. Don't get me wrong, Knox is a very good football team and they are very capable of winning games against top opponents but i can tell you first hand that Rock is a lot stronger (physically) than Knox even though Knox is very aggressive. I will just say this, I don't think Knox beats Rockcastle twice this year and if they do I will then be a believer but, Rockcastle is by far the strongest team postion to position that we have played this year (we still have Bell to go). Good luck to both Rockcastle and Knox!