Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If LCC Beats Whitley, Does that make them district champs?

Featured Replies

This may be a dumb question but I have been curious, Iv herd many different answers. Will someone please enlighten me

No, it won't. Last year due to poor wording the KHSAA decided to award trophies to the team that won the district in the regular season AND the team that won the first two rounds of the playoffs. However, this year there will be no "regular" season champion. The district title will be awarded to whoever wins the 2nd round of the playoffs--you have to beat Clay Co. again......

If Letcher Co Central wins their game this week, it will give them the Number 1 seed for post season play.

Another brilliant move by KHSAA.

  • Author

That makes more sense anyway..... as we all know anything can happen on any given Friday. For the best 2 teams to have to play twice is just the only logical thing

 

thanks for clearing that up

If they don't beat Whitley, I'd be suprised....

I watched the LCC Clay game, and Clay dominated them in the first half, everything bad that could have happened to Clay Happened in the second half. I honestly don't think LCC wants to meet Clay Again.

Another brilliant move by KHSAA.

 

It's bad that both schools (the regular season winner and the playoff winner) get some recognition?

It's bad that both schools (the regular season winner and the playoff winner) get some recognition?

 

For years in the state of Kentucky the title of "District Champion" has been a very rewarding goal. It still is. Unfortunately, I think its bad that two years later their is still confusion amongst nearly all of the fans as to who really is the district champion.

I watched the LCC Clay game, and Clay dominated them in the first half, everything bad that could have happened to Clay Happened in the second half. I honestly don't think LCC wants to meet Clay Again.

 

A second meeting would be in Whitesburg; that could make a difference.

I watched the LCC Clay game, and Clay dominated them in the first half, everything bad that could have happened to Clay Happened in the second half. I honestly don't think LCC wants to meet Clay Again.

 

Howard does as good a job as anyone at making the adjustments at the half. He did the same thing to North Laurel who led his squad 14-0 at the half, but LCC managed to pull out a win in the 2nd half. I don't think that LCC cares who they play. However, of all the teams in the district, I could see Clay being their least desired opponent.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.