Shelby County/GRC Predictions

gold sunrise

Who wins  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• George Rogers Clark
    • Shelby County

To my knowledge Montgomery county is still not lost a game and Harrison County is also having a good season. Every game this year has been close and noone has blown us out. A players dad told me the first game that the offense could score but the defense won't hold. Seems to be holding true. Dougie Mason has had some critics but look at his numbers. He has had a good senior season as far as stats go. I think the problems we have are not players or lack of size or speed, some players are being played who shouldn't be and some are just not producing the tackles they should for their size and experience. Timmy Davis is probably one of the best open field tacklers in high school right now! The defense changes if he comes back at even 75% speed. He is a definite game changer! I too have talked with Timmy and as soon as he is cleared by the doctors he will be back. You couldn't stop him if you tried.I hope Clark County can salvage some respectability this season and I hope the administration looks real hard at the last ten seasons and starts demanding success instead of mediocrity. A school the size of GRC should have state contenders every year!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my knowledge Montgomery county is still not lost a game and Harrison County is also having a good season. Every game this year has been close and noone has blown us out. A players dad told me the first game that the offense could score but the defense won't hold. Seems to be holding true. Dougie Mason has had some critics but look at his numbers. He has had a good senior season as far as stats go. I think the problems we have are not players or lack of size or speed, some players are being played who shouldn't be and some are just not producing the tackles they should for their size and experience. Timmy Davis is probably one of the best open field tacklers in high school right now! The defense changes if he comes back at even 75% speed. He is a definite game changer! I too have talked with Timmy and as soon as he is cleared by the doctors he will be back. You couldn't stop him if you tried.I hope Clark County can salvage some respectability this season and I hope the administration looks real hard at the last ten seasons and starts demanding success instead of mediocrity. A school the size of GRC should have state contenders every

year!

You bring up some very good points, although I disagree with the QB stats comment. I think his completion ratio vs. attempts and his attempts vs. opprotunities shows this. PM me if you want to talk about this. :thumb:

I agree with the comments about playing the best players, and those that are not producing need to start expecting others to get playing time.

To my knowledge Montgomery county is still not lost a game and Harrison County is also having a good season. Every game this year has been close and noone has blown us out. A players dad told me the first game that the offense could score but the defense won't hold. Seems to be holding true. Dougie Mason has had some critics but look at his numbers. He has had a good senior season as far as stats go. I think the problems we have are not players or lack of size or speed, some players are being played who shouldn't be and some are just not producing the tackles they should for their size and experience. Timmy Davis is probably one of the best open field tacklers in high school right now! The defense changes if he comes back at even 75% speed. He is a definite game changer! I too have talked with Timmy and as soon as he is cleared by the doctors he will be back. You couldn't stop him if you tried.I hope Clark County can salvage some respectability this season and I hope the administration looks real hard at the last ten seasons and starts demanding success instead of mediocrity. A school the size of GRC should have state contenders every year!

If Davis comes back, he needs to rally around his seniors, and all the other players and get them ripped for this next game.

Have you seen their schedule?:confused: Henry Clay, Madison Central, and Danville. Many teams could play them and come out 0-3. I agree the Harrison County and Montgomery County were let downs and games that should have been won, I'll give you that. The Montgomery Co. game they led the whole way until about 5 min. in the game so not sure that we really played bad, it was just that we didn't finish. Harrison County was the only true really bad game I can think of. The Tates Creek game we were up big and blew it. They have had a chance to win in each of these games(excluding Madison Central and maybe Henry Clay although they played these guys pretty close until the end). Are we happy that GRC is 0-6? Absolutely not. But I would much rather play against very good competition to prepare us for the playoffs then be undefeated against cupcakes.

Montgomery County

Harrison County

Tates Creek, maybe one of the worst teams in Lexington, at least of the big schools in LEX. TC has one win, over GRC.

I said they would be underdogs against MC, HC, and possibly Danville.

If you were a GOOD team, would you not think they could have at least won one of those.

Throw luck out...you shouldn't need to be lucky to beat one of those 3 if you have the talent of GRC.

Clark dosent have to win a game and make the playoffs

So if they don't win a game, they get into the playoffs, so what then, sweep the playoffs, and win the reg, and then the state, I wish it was that easy. ClarkCo, needs to pull some rank going into the playoffs, and they need to start by winning friday night.

I hope GRC is only concentrating only Shelby Co. right now (and not the playoffs.....) They are facing another extremely tough opponent Friday. Their passing defense will need to be hustling on every play.

I believe that once GRC gets that first win, that all the rest will fall into place. But they will need 4 solid quarters of offense/defense to get it done.

Go CARDS!:thumb:

Have not seen many "good" 0-6 teams. Must be "very" unlucky. SC wins.

They aren't the best team in the state, nobody will say that. But if they get their stuff together for a complete game and not have careless turnovers then yes they would be very good and could make serious noise in the post season. They need to worry bout each game at hand, win the first one and build from there.:thumb:

Have not seen many "good" 0-6 teams. Must be "very" unlucky. SC wins.

Several posters have said we are the best 0-6 team in the state....believe me this is not a title that we want. Go back and look at who we have played and the margin of points we have lost by, we should be 5-1...the only loss to Madison Central. Anyone that has seen GRC play understands my statement.

Several posters have said we are the best 0-6 team in the state....believe me this is not a title that we want. Go back and look at who we have played and the margin of points we have lost by, we should be 5-1...the only loss to Madison Central. Anyone that has seen GRC play understands my statement.

And I will second that opionon as well as GRC4life's:thumb::thumb:

Keep hitting it hard every day. Your time will come!

Are you saying you should have beat Henry Clay on Friday?