Shelby County/GRC Predictions

gold sunrise

Who wins  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• George Rogers Clark
    • Shelby County

Are you saying you should have beat Henry Clay on Friday?

Thats the only exception I have with that statement... but truthfully GRC had chances in this game to be right there and pull it out.. they just didnt take advantage.That fumble on the 2 yd line was killer.:creepy:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the only exception I have with that statement... but truthfully GRC had chances in this game to be right there and pull it out.. they just didnt take advantage.That fumble on the 2 yd line was killer.:creepy:

This has been our problem all season...missed opportunities.

We make those plays and yes we could be 5-1.

Several posters have said we are the best 0-6 team in the state....believe me this is not a title that we want. Go back and look at who we have played and the margin of points we have lost by, we should be 5-1...the only loss to Madison Central. Anyone that has seen GRC play understands my statement.

I've seen GRC on a few occasions. They blew the TC game. Other than that....they've looked very disappointing. It's extremely rare then any team at any level...with a limited amount of games....can bounce back from an 0'fer record and make a serious playoff run. Some perspective may be needed.

I've seen GRC on a few occasions. They blew the TC game. Other than that....they've looked very disappointing. It's extremely rare then any team at any level...with a limited amount of games....can bounce back from an 0'fer record and make a serious playoff run. Some perspective may be needed.

The TC game is when we had two players go out with injuries. But I agree blowing a 33-7 lead should never have happened. Andrew Liggett is still not back with the team. Josh Tackett returned last week. So far this season this has been very disappointing. The thing the Cards need to do now is learn from past mistakes, make those opportunities that are given to them, improve on special teams, and basically just take care of business and play to their potential. I and many of the fans have not given up on this season...just hope the boys haven't either.

Hang in there guys...we know the talent is there....come out with new fire in your eyes and finish the season with the team we know you can be.

GO CARDS

Manual actually scored a TD and a 2 point conversion to come away with the 3 point victory with less than 30 seconds left.

A little insight to Shelby County......they are pretty darn good!!! The QB does a great job in moving the team by being composed in the pocket. He does not hold onto the ball allowing a rush to get to him. The OL does a good job of tying up the pass rushers long enough to allow the QB to get rid of the ball. The Rockets have a couple players (#23 & #5) who can stretch the field and make BIG plays when the ball is in the air. The RB (#1) can be a threat to run and catch the ball out of the backfield. Alot of weapons and they came up just short against Scott County then Manual, two pretty good teams in their own rights.

Manual actually scored a TD and a 2 point conversion to come away with the 3 point victory with less than 30 seconds left.

A little insight to Shelby County......they are pretty darn good!!! The QB does a great job in moving the team by being composed in the pocket. He does not hold onto the ball allowing a rush to get to him. The OL does a good job of tying up the pass rushers long enough to allow the QB to get rid of the ball. The Rockets have a couple players (#23 & #5) who can stretch the field and make BIG plays when the ball is in the air. The RB (#1) can be a threat to run and catch the ball out of the backfield. Alot of weapons and they came up just short against Scott County then Manual, two pretty good teams in their own rights.

Sounds like this game will be a great matchup. May get down to who wants it the most.

Saw where Mathews threw for 555 yds last week in the loss to Manual. He had 62 pass attempts. How many running plays did they have? Did they have any rushing tds?

Not only did Manual "almost" lose to Shelby County, we were down by 21 in the first half and again by 20 in the 3rd quarter. It looked like we were doomed from early on when Matthews threw a TD pass on the opening possession and went on to score 2 more before Manual answered. I will say that they have a good chance in any game this season if they play like they did last Friday. They could probably do better against the rush (defensively) or some of the more balanced teams may keep the ball away from their offense long enough to outscore them in a lower scoring game.