Jumper_Dad

Who wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Pulaski (more than 20)
    • Pulaski (less than 20)
    • Southwestern (less than 20)
    • Southwestern (more than 20)

I agree that the Dunbar win was a confidence builder for SW but 9 TURNOVERS and the game was still close shows that SW is not there yet to compete with the mighty MAROONS. With 2 pitches being caught by the D for scores shows that SW only could capitalize on 2 of 7 turnovers. PC will not give up the football much at all and Hines & Muse will run like the wind. It could get embarrasing for SW.:ylsuper:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't say embarrasing. SW has too much tradition to let it be embarrasing. If T.T. can play the entire game SW has a chance. I still believe PC is just way to fast for the Warriors & will come out w/ a win. Hope both teams are at full strength for this one, it should be good. By the way, I finally got to see PC Freshmen play @ SW a week or so ago. What grade is the Mote kid @ SW? Radio said he is a Sophmore, why was he playing in a Freshman game? Is it legal to play Soph, kids in a Freshman game? I thought that's what JV games were for. Anyway, good luck to both teams Friday.

I might be making a presence at this game.

I's good friends with a couple of the guys on the officiating crew and I might be riding down there with them and since Rockcastle County plays McCreary Central, it will give me a good opportunity to see them again and see some good high school football in the process.

Should I have the chance to catch this game, I will post my thoughts about it once I get back to campus on Monday (I should be leaving to go to Mt. Vernon tomorrow).

I won't say embarrasing. SW has too much tradition to let it be embarrasing. If T.T. can play the entire game SW has a chance. I still believe PC is just way to fast for the Warriors & will come out w/ a win. Hope both teams are at full strength for this one, it should be good. By the way, I finally got to see PC Freshmen play @ SW a week or so ago. What grade is the Mote kid @ SW? Radio said he is a Sophmore, why was he playing in a Freshman game? Is it legal to play Soph, kids in a Freshman game? I thought that's what JV games were for. Anyway, good luck to both teams Friday.

I agree.... I don't think it will be embarrassing for either team. Should be a great game; I hope to be in attendance for it.

Here is a snap shot of the last 10 years b/w these teams. SW has won 7 of the 11 meetings.

1997 PC 7 SW 8----- I belive this was the score of the game. SW WON

1998 PC 60 SW 34------PC WON

1999 PC 7 SW 61------SW WON

2000 PC 23 SW 40------SW WON

2001 PC 12 SW 33------SW WON

2002 PC 29 SW 26------PC WON

2003 PC 32 SW 0-------PC WON

2004 PC 10 SW 43-----SW WON

2005 PC 35 SW 12 ----PC WON

2006 PC 10 SW 48 Reg season GM-----SW WON

2006 PC 12 SW 48 Playoff game.-------SW WON

Yeah embarrassing is a stretch... They might be ranked 9th but you might as well forget that when these teams are playing. I say SW 34 PC 31.

I know that it is a rivalry game but the whole "throw the records out the window" doesn't hold true in this series at all. First there have been precious few upsets, second only 2 out of the last 11 games have been decided by less than a touchdown. Typically the favorite blows out the other team. The favorite this year is PC.........

I know that it is a rivalry game but the whole "throw the records out the window" doesn't hold true in this series at all. First there have been precious few upsets, second only 2 out of the last 11 games have been decided by less than a touchdown. Typically the favorite blows out the other team. The favorite this year is PC.........

You got that right Joe.