Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dickie V's Preseason Top 40

Featured Replies

I know these rankings don't mean anything yet but just a little food for thought.

 

3. Louisville: Rick Pitino will have national championship aspirations with this club. David Padgett has to stay healthy.

 

8. Indiana: Kelvin Sampson is thrilled to have diaper dandy Eric Gordon, and the newcomer will make a difference right out of the blocks. DJ White has to have a strong season.

 

9. Tennessee: Bruce Pearl has brought energy and enthusiasm to Rocky Top. Chris Lofton spurned the NBA and returned to Knoxville, and the addition of Tyler Smith is a major plus.

 

15. Kentucky: Billy Gillispie will have this program firing on all cylinders. The addition of Patrick Patterson will help.

 

39. Xavier: I love the backcourt of Stanley Burrell and Drew Lavender as Sean Miller has the team to watch in the A-10.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dickvitale/070828preseasontop40.html

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Louisville Basketball could be scary good this year...

I hope so. I don't know how the Louisville faithful would react to two overranked teams in the same year.

I hope so. I don't know how the Louisville faithful would react to two overranked teams in the same year.

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I hope so. I don't know how the Louisville faithful would react to two overranked teams in the same year.

 

It's those Adidas uniforms and sneakers...:lol:

I hope so. I don't know how the Louisville faithful would react to two overranked teams in the same year.

 

The same way UK faithful do with their beloved basketball team every year. :p:cool:

The same way UK faithful do with their beloved basketball team every year. :p:cool:
I agree with that also, although they have never had to worry about being overranked in football. Until now maybe. :D

That's a good topic for a thread! What if Gillespie comes out of the gate and stumbles the first few games? Will everyone be freaking out and calling for his head like some are doing to Kragthorpe? Interesting....Hmmmm...This is intriguing, in that this year, UK basketball fans have a new coach, and UL football fans have a new coach. Given the "first love" of each school, what are the odds that Billy G could trip and fall? I may have to ponder this a while.

I think Petrino left the Football Cardinals in a lot better shape than Tubby left the Basketball Wildcats..

And...so....:p

That's a good topic for a thread! What if Gillespie comes out of the gate and stumbles the first few games? Will everyone be freaking out and calling for his head like some are doing to Kragthorpe? Interesting....Hmmmm...This is intriguing, in that this year, UK basketball fans have a new coach, and UL football fans have a new coach. Given the "first love" of each school, what are the odds that Billy G could trip and fall? I may have to ponder this a while.

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's a good topic for a thread! What if Gillespie comes out of the gate and stumbles the first few games? Will everyone be freaking out and calling for his head like some are doing to Kragthorpe? Interesting....Hmmmm...This is intriguing, in that this year, UK basketball fans have a new coach, and UL football fans have a new coach. Given the "first love" of each school, what are the odds that Billy G could trip and fall? I may have to ponder this a while.

 

 

I doubt it... as long as he doesn't lose what has become traditional 10 games I think it's a good season. People also know he is still dealing with Mostly Tubby players. AKA no big guy or good 3 point shooter. Patterson will help but this kid is gonna get the Morris treatment and thrown to the wolves right away.

 

UK fans will easily give him 2-3 recruiting seasons before we get upset if we get upset. Forward progress is all UK fans want... good recruits... being ranked... more than the second round... better SEC play. I think BCG will provide all of that in time.

 

Tubby was gaining 5 yards then losing 10 toward the end there.

That's a good topic for a thread! What if Gillespie comes out of the gate and stumbles the first few games? Will everyone be freaking out and calling for his head like some are doing to Kragthorpe? Interesting....Hmmmm...This is intriguing, in that this year, UK basketball fans have a new coach, and UL football fans have a new coach. Given the "first love" of each school, what are the odds that Billy G could trip and fall? I may have to ponder this a while.

 

 

Nope...Its a totally different situation...

I doubt it... as long as he doesn't lose what has become traditional 10 games I think it's a good season. People also know he is still dealing with Mostly Tubby players. AKA no big guy or good 3 point shooter. Patterson will help but this kid is gonna get the Morris treatment and thrown to the wolves right away.

 

UK fans will easily give him 2-3 recruiting seasons before we get upset if we get upset. Forward progress is all UK fans want... good recruits... being ranked... more than the second round... better SEC play. I think BCG will provide all of that in time.

 

Better SEC play will be hard to do, except for the last 2 years that is the one thing Tubby definitely did good at...Billy G definitely will get better treatment than Tubby even if he does the same as Tubby for awhile. Its all because of who you follow. Tubby was following a legend here, and I think history shows in almost all sports that if you follow a legend you are pretty much screwed as a coach because the fans cut you no slack. You can just look at UL football now, Petrino was like a legend to that football program now. And there new coach who I believe is a good coach, but Petrino left the program with such high expectation its almost impossible to follow. The guy who follows the guy who followed the legend, always gets treated better. Billy G if he has the same stats as Tubby did after 10 seasons here, still wont get as much crap as Tubby dealt with. That is just how the sports world works...

Better SEC play will be hard to do, except for the last 2 years that is the one thing Tubby definitely did good at...Billy G definitely will get better treatment than Tubby even if he does the same as Tubby for awhile. Its all because of who you follow. Tubby was following a legend here, and I think history shows in almost all sports that if you follow a legend you are pretty much screwed as a coach because the fans cut you no slack. You can just look at UL football now, Petrino was like a legend to that football program now. And there new coach who I believe is a good coach, but Petrino left the program with such high expectation its almost impossible to follow. The guy who follows the guy who followed the legend, always gets treated better. Billy G if he has the same stats as Tubby did after 10 seasons here, still wont get as much crap as Tubby dealt with. That is just how the sports world works...

 

 

Disagree Tubby's whole problem was expectations and results dropped firmly after he took over. He held progress the first 2-3 years... years 4-6 started slipping... 7-9/10 it completely slipped. Tubby had complete control over this program and it slipped under his reign. That's just how it goes. He was the CEO he took the fall. Tubby DID take over after a legend and no way we could repeat the 1996 team... but we just fell and kept falling....unexceptably to far.

 

You can say whatever you want but we clearly took a step back with Tubby. I believe we will take a step forward with BCG. Nobody fears UK anymore. Little teams come into Rupp not afraid to get drilled but actually believing they can win. Things will change.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.