Montgomery Co. 30 Ashland 28 OT

Blue Blazer

Stepping on a team is kinda easy when they are down. Now had Ashland, went out and had teams like Morgan Co, Bath Co, and Betsy Lane, they could have easily had a good record. It just shows the quality of schedule the Tomcats play compared to the Juggernaut schedule of Prestonsburg.

Ummm hmmm... :rolleyes:

2 of those 3 were district games and the 3rd is Coach D's initial coaching position (read: he scheduled the Bobcats as a favor).

P-burg also play(ed) Breathitt Co., Beechwood, and Pikeville (to give the flipside). There was also another team that would had been on the schedule (mentioned in this thread) to round things out. But...that team changed its mind about playing.

But come to think of it, P-burg may have taken crap for that team being on the schedule as that team has started VERY poorly...

:sssh:

p.s. iPapi...you're as true constant in a changing world... :lol:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game and the 1st half was terrible to watch, good defensively but bad offense. I think that we( Ashland) came around once Thomas was a threat at RB. I think, hope, we see #3 at QB, no disrespect to Thomas because he was very good at QB, this gives us a duell threat at RB with Thomas and Carter in the backfield. Appears to be progressing but it dont no easier. Looks like we are going to have o beat Bryan Station to get in the playoffs.

I think if the Tomcats could have somehow stopped the "Big Boy", they win this game. But what do you do to rein in that kind of a body on the goal line. He was some kind of weapon and Ashland simply didn't have an answer for him. Kudos to MC for the creative backfield.

Regardless of how good or bad Ashland teams are, they still gather drama, controversy, and emotion like a magnet gathers certain metals. It comes with the territory when you have longtime tradition, a "bit" of a superiority complex, and many passionate supporters and dissenters.

I listened to the game on the Dicky Martin Network. He did his usual fine job of reporting the onfield struggle. During the second quarter, shortly before MC scored on the fake punt, Dicky and his fellow occupant of the broadcasting booth, wholeheartedly agreed that MC was a very poor football team. However, after the game Hart stated in his interview that MC was the best team Ashland had played all year. Dicky did not disagree. I can only conclude that MC sure improved in the last 2.5 quarters or that Hart was using the usual "coach doubletalk" for a team that is still winless after 5 games. I feel sure it was the latter.

I would suspect that Ashland will win three of its 10 games. They should beat Boyd County, Greenup County, and Bryan Station. They should lose to Woodford County and Johnson Central.

I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Matt Thomas had transferred to Russell rather than Ashland when he left Rose Hill. He could have done so. It is a shame that his only real trip to the state playoffs/state tournament will have been as a seventh grader at Rose Hill.

Of course, as they say, hindsight is 20-20 and Matt will succeed regardless of which color of maroon he wears.

Thomas originally went to Ashland public schools, Poage Elementary, why not go back home? And he lives maybe 400yds from Ashland High School.

Very reasonable response. I was merely suggesting that a different shade of maroon would have brought trips to both the football finals and state basketball tournament with an increased chance for both Thomas and Russell to bring home more championships. At Ashland he has not and will not experience any of these.

If you are familiar with school districts in the northeastern kentucky area, you know that student athletes don't always attend the government school located closest to them. Most of them, including Ashland, have several "out of district" athletes or "convenient" relocators. That just seems to be how it works around here.

People speculate on BGP all the time so I am just saying "what if?".

Regardless of how good or bad Ashland teams are, they still gather drama, controversy, and emotion like a magnet gathers certain metals. It comes with the territory when you have longtime tradition, a "bit" of a superiority complex, and many passionate supporters and dissenters.

I listened to the game on the Dicky Martin Network. He did his usual fine job of reporting the onfield struggle. During the second quarter, shortly before MC scored on the fake punt, Dicky and his fellow occupant of the broadcasting booth, wholeheartedly agreed that MC was a very poor football team. However, after the game Hart stated in his interview that MC was the best team Ashland had played all year. Dicky did not disagree. I can only conclude that MC sure improved in the last 2.5 quarters or that Hart was using the usual "coach doubletalk" for a team that is still winless after 5 games. I feel sure it was the latter.

I would suspect that Ashland will win three of its 10 games. They should beat Boyd County, Greenup County, and Bryan Station. They should lose to Woodford County and Johnson Central.

I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Matt Thomas had transferred to Russell rather than Ashland when he left Rose Hill. He could have done so. It is a shame that his only real trip to the state playoffs/state tournament will have been as a seventh grader at Rose Hill.

Of course, as they say, hindsight is 20-20 and Matt will succeed regardless of which color of maroon he wears.

So what does this have to do with the game being played on the field. As you should already know, Dicky will say whatever and any moment to get the reaction he wants so people are going to have to over look him and his comments. I was at the game listening to it and late in the 4th quarter Ashland got called for their first penalty of the game when they kicked the ball out of bounds. Dicky said that this has been a very good job by the officals. So basically Ashland had done nothing wrong most of the game. Just let Dicky do/say what he wants and he will dig his own grave.

But more importantly I would like to commend the Ashland players for the game. I was very disppointed in the practices they had the previous week but it seemed to work. I think if we could skip the first 2 quarters of these last games then will would probably be 4-1.

Last night just showed you what type of player that Thomas is and how valuable he is on both sides of the ball. Not to mention how good of a kid he is away of the field. I still am not impressed with Coah Hart's play calling because as a fan you could predict one play to the next.

The Tomcats fought back and made a game of it - came up just a little short. I agree that Royalty looked good at QB - he got the tying TD and 2 point conversion when we had to have it.

Congratulations to Montgomery Co. for the win. Your QB, curtis #11, was very good.

I agree,congrads Indians.:thumb:

So what does this have to do with the game being played on the field. As you should already know, Dicky will say whatever and any moment to get the reaction he wants so people are going to have to over look him and his comments. I was at the game listening to it and late in the 4th quarter Ashland got called for their first penalty of the game when they kicked the ball out of bounds. Dicky said that this has been a very good job by the officals. So basically Ashland had done nothing wrong most of the game. Just let Dicky do/say what he wants and he will dig his own grave.

But more importantly I would like to commend the Ashland players for the game. I was very disppointed in the practices they had the previous week but it seemed to work. I think if we could skip the first 2 quarters of these last games then will would probably be 4-1.

Last night just showed you what type of player that Thomas is and how valuable he is on both sides of the ball. Not to mention how good of a kid he is away of the field. I still am not impressed with Coah Hart's play calling because as a fan you could predict one play to the next.

Thanks for the information, happy ol' dad. I heard Dicky compliment the officiating several times during the game. I appreciate you pointing out the reason for the accolades. According to the newspaper, Ashland was penalized 0 times for 0 yards for the game. That is, to me, amazing. I don't remember ever seeing that result before at any level. As for Hart, you may remember one of my previous posts when I said that he would never be confused with Herb Conley or Jake Hallum. After the fine article in the DI, I suppose we can add Fayne Grone to that list.

My main point, at the risk of making Ashland people mad, is that Matt Thomas deserves a better fate in both football and basketball. I really don't see how anyone could disagree.

....My main point, at the risk of making Ashland people mad, is that Matt Thomas deserves a better fate in both football and basketball. I really don't see how anyone could disagree.
Isn't Matt Thomas, a player on a team sport. I thought the concept of team first, was the main priority and not individual accolades.