AROD's Next Contract

cshs81

...and he's earned it*...

*In a baseball sense because there's no one on the planet worth that much, unless you develop something to stop world hunger, cure cancer or AIDS. He deserves to be the highest paid player in baseball, by far...

I agree. He's earned it, baseball wise. But no athlete "deserves" that much money. :lol:

Seriously no one deserves every penny of 30 million when they are playing a sport. I love professional sports but the salaries are crazy.

It's all market driven. Maybe we should stop going to their games, wearing their jerseys and buying into their commercials. The Yankees wouldn't pay him that much if they couldn't afford it. Salaries are insane, but so is the revenue a team like the Yankees pulls down. Pro athletes earn those salaries.

It's all market driven. Maybe we should stop going to their games, wearing their jerseys and buying into their commercials. The Yankees wouldn't pay him that much if they couldn't afford it. Salaries are insane, but so is the revenue a team like the Yankees pulls down. Pro athletes earn those salaries.

I agree it is market driven and teams make a lot of money but I will disagree with the statement pro athletes earn those salaries. They deserve to make good money but 20-30 million a year to play a sport. I am one of the world's biggest sports fans and supporters but do not believe for a second that they deserve those types of salaries.