Kentucky 56 Kent St. 20

LRCW

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gap control, ends crashing, poor tackling....abandonding the run in the first half...KS controlled the first half, something like 50+ plays to 20+ plays.

Total reversal in second half. Established run, slowed rush and then opened passing game.

KS only had about 120 yards passing, with two picks, but that is not really their forte

UK has 3 really good backs and an underrated sophomore FB in Conner. Have to establish the run. I think that was their downfall last year in games they didn't out up points.

Establishing the run and controlling the ball next week will be important.

Gap control, ends crashing, poor tackling....abandonding the run in the first half...KS controlled the first half, something like 50+ plays to 20+ plays.

Total reversal in second half. Established run, slowed rush and then opened passing game.

KS only had about 120 yards passing, with two picks, but that is not really their forte

UK has 3 really good backs and an underrated sophomore FB in Conner. Have to establish the run. I think that was their downfall last year in games they didn't out up points.

Establishing the run and controlling the ball next week will be important.

I agree. In the first half, UK wanted to throw and Kent St knew it. Only had 14 points. In the 2nd half, the defense hit MUCH harder and UK decided to run the ball. Kent St could not stop the UK running game. Good win, beat the spread of 13+. The first half it looked like they were just going thru the motions, 2nd half much better. I think they were looking ahead to UL early. Glad they got past that. NOW, they can think about UL.

They played one good half against Kent State, how would that possibly get them ranked? If they beat UofL next week, then there's a shot.

A shot? If they beat UofL and aren't placed in the top 25 something's wrong.

As for the game, I will say I was very disappointed in the first half and it left me concerned. The second half was much better, as it has been mentioned. Hopefully that first half play is out of their system and they hit the ground running against the Cards.

One more thing...I love watching Keenan Burton play. The kid loves Kentucky and loves playing football.

A shot? If they beat UofL and aren't placed in the top 25 something's wrong.

As for the game, I will say I was very disappointed in the first half and it left me concerned. The second half was much better, as it has been mentioned. Hopefully that first half play is out of their system and they hit the ground running against the Cards.

One more thing...I love watching Keenan Burton play. The kid loves Kentucky and loves playing football.

It's all about the point system, they could definitely beat UofL and still be hovering in the points around 26-30th. That's just the way the polls work sometimes.

Good solid win for UK. The 2nd half adjustments worked quite well. Not a huge day for Woodson, but very solid. The running game was outstanding. We have got to protect Woodson better.

Hats off to Kent St's QB! He was absolutely amazing. That kid was tough. He really exemplified the attitude of Kent St's entire team.

If that QB could throw he'd definately be playing for a big name school, but he is more of a running back at quarterback. I wouldn't call him amazing because he simply cannot throw for anything, but he is a very good scrambling quarterback.