Corbin vs. South Laurel Predictions

IM4THEHOUNDS

Corbin vs. South Laurel --- Who gets bragging rights?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Corbin vs. South Laurel --- Who gets bragging rights?

• Corbin
    • South Laurel

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it turns into this kind of game again, Corbin may lose again. They seem to have fallen into the trap of getting into a shootout with South Laurel which is exactly what South wants. If Corbin establishes the ground game and runs the power game at them, they win. If it turns into a 4 hour passing contest as most of the recent games have, South wins.

Corbin 28 South Laurel 21

I thought that Corbin has given into the passing game and set their offense around Clint Cashen. I agree that they should use Campbell and pound the defense of the Cards, then they win in a cakewalk, otherwise they could have a long ride down I-75.

Corbin 42

South 33

Corbin is hitting their stride, and after the Middlesboro debacle vs. Lee Virginia last week I don't see Corbin dropping anymore games this season....

Corbin 33

SL 20

They still have some tough games but have the ability to beat any remaining team. One game to keep a close eye on is Lexington Christian. They can put up the points and will be a handful.

I thought that Corbin has given into the passing game and set their offense around Clint Cashen. I agree that they should use Campbell and pound the defense of the Cards, then they win in a cakewalk, otherwise they could have a long ride down I-75.

Corbin 42

South 33

Corbin really has not "given in" to the passing game. Clint Cashen is an effective weapon in our offense, and he gives us an extra threat that makes us a better and more balanced football team. Against Belfry, Coach Farris had no choice but call more pass, he called alot of running plays, but we were getting blown off the line of scrimmage. When something does not work, you must try something else. That is not what I'd call giving in to the pass. As the season progresses, people will see that Corbin is not the only team who can't run on the Belfry Pirates.

In the games following Belfry, Corbin has been able to run the ball, and have used Fritz,Watkins,Campbell,Light and Sewell to run the ball with good success. As long as they are effective, we will see these kids get touches from the backfield.

Hounds, is our uncle Vince coming up from Nashville for the game? I know he says that he's goin to the UK game and will try to make it. Just wasn't aware if he was coming tonight. I think he is singing before the UK game.

Anyways, back on topic. Looks like a little rain outside my window right now. This may bode well for the Redhounds and the run game and not so well for the Cards passing attack.

Rain will hurt the Corbin running game and help South passing game. It will be closer than I intially thought.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I've never seen, heard, or experienced the rain being more beneficial to a passing game than a smashmouth run game. Seems like it's always been the other way around. Again, not saying you are wrong, that I know more about ball than you, or anything along those sorts. I just know that I've been around football my entire life and never seen it help a passing team.

Hounds, is our uncle Vince coming up from Nashville for the game? I know he says that he's goin to the UK game and will try to make it. Just wasn't aware if he was coming tonight. I think he is singing before the UK game.

Anyways, back on topic. Looks like a little rain outside my window right now. This may bode well for the Redhounds and the run game and not so well for the Cards passing attack.

Uncle Vince will be there, not singing, only in attendance. The Redhounds will use the wet field to thier advantage tonight.