Somerset 55 Taylor County 22

shs2005

Offensively just about everything seemed to click tonight. Connected on a couple of deep balls, some nice accuracy on the short passes, strong inside running and when the backs hit a seem they had enough speed to rip off some big runs. Taylor County had a couple of really good atheletes as well tonight and were able to break of a few big plays. Other than the few big plays the Jumper D did a nice job of containing them all night. Shoemaker (2TDs), Chase Hall, John Cole, Kenny Hughes (ripping off huge chuncks on about every carry), CJ Megargel, and John Coomer all had nice nights. Some of the young Jumpers played well tonight on both sides of the ball, nice seeing the non-starting freshmen and sophomores getting some PT.

Over-all good game now let's go get Garrard.

I guess the cupcake district that the Jumpers hand picked is just what the Dr. ordered.

I am sure all the fans of the other teams in the district loves this comment. You can bet every other coach in the district is gonna have this quote on the board in the locker room.

I am sure all the fans of the other teams in the district loves this comment. You can bet every other coach in the district is gonna have this quote on the board in the locker room.

I don't know what they'll do with that quote Jesse, I'm 100% certain that 33power meant that sarcastically and isn't in any way a Somerset fan.

It is one thing when you are in a district because it is where you are supposed to be. It is an entirely different story when you petition to get out of one of the toughest classes (according to another thread on strength of the classes) and play-up into a class that is at the bottom of this list. Just curious....how many other schools are playing out of their class?

Right--the Taylor Co. game that wouldn't have been a district game for them had they played in the class they were supposed to. Just get a little tired of reading those headlines about how they continue to win district games (15th straight I believe). Well duh....when was the last time they actually played in "their" district. They are a good team and I am sure they could have had some success in 2A where they belong.