Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset 55 Taylor County 22

Featured Replies

Somerset bounces back big time to move to 1-0 in district play.

Good win Jumpers. I knew this one would not be as close as others were stating. Any stats on Cole?

It's nice to see Somerset have a good running game that has been lacking a little since Newell graduated. With the pass and run and work the rest of the kinks out of the D, this Jumper team could be dangerous come November.

Offensively just about everything seemed to click tonight. Connected on a couple of deep balls, some nice accuracy on the short passes, strong inside running and when the backs hit a seem they had enough speed to rip off some big runs. Taylor County had a couple of really good atheletes as well tonight and were able to break of a few big plays. Other than the few big plays the Jumper D did a nice job of containing them all night. Shoemaker (2TDs), Chase Hall, John Cole, Kenny Hughes (ripping off huge chuncks on about every carry), CJ Megargel, and John Coomer all had nice nights. Some of the young Jumpers played well tonight on both sides of the ball, nice seeing the non-starting freshmen and sophomores getting some PT.

 

Over-all good game now let's go get Garrard.

I guess the cupcake district that the Jumpers hand picked is just what the Dr. ordered.

Well I was wrong, congrats jumpers on the win, whos on the agenda next week?

Well I was wrong, congrats jumpers on the win, whos on the agenda next week?

 

Garrard County.

I guess the cupcake district that the Jumpers hand picked is just what the Dr. ordered.

 

I am sure all the fans of the other teams in the district loves this comment. You can bet every other coach in the district is gonna have this quote on the board in the locker room.

I am sure all the fans of the other teams in the district loves this comment. You can bet every other coach in the district is gonna have this quote on the board in the locker room.

 

I don't know what they'll do with that quote Jesse, I'm 100% certain that 33power meant that sarcastically and isn't in any way a Somerset fan.

Some people never learn.

It is one thing when you are in a district because it is where you are supposed to be. It is an entirely different story when you petition to get out of one of the toughest classes (according to another thread on strength of the classes) and play-up into a class that is at the bottom of this list. Just curious....how many other schools are playing out of their class?

I am not even a Somerset fan but I get sick of reading about this everytime I open up a Somerset thread start a thread about it if thats all you want to talk about. This is about the Somerset vs Taylor game. Again great win Jumpers.

Right--the Taylor Co. game that wouldn't have been a district game for them had they played in the class they were supposed to. Just get a little tired of reading those headlines about how they continue to win district games (15th straight I believe). Well duh....when was the last time they actually played in "their" district. They are a good team and I am sure they could have had some success in 2A where they belong.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.