Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Any Bee Gee or Andy Gibb Fans out there.

Featured Replies

Driving back to Kentucky from Wisconsin, I put in a burned CD of Beegees and Andy Gibb bought back some memories from High School at some of the dances I've been to. Found myself actually singing to a few of these songs, then I realized I had my window down and a car load of high school females from high school(I'm quessing) were laughing at my deranged version of "How Deep is Your Love?" I just took it with a grain of salt and went on.:lol:

Driving back to Kentucky from Wisconsin, I put in a burned CD of Beegees and Andy Gibb bought back some memories from High School at some of the dances I've been to. Found myself actually singing to a few of these songs, then I realized I had my window down and a car load of high school females from high school(I'm quessing) were laughing at my deranged version of "How Deep is Your Love?" I just took it with a grain of salt and went on.:lol:

 

Man, I do stuff like this all the time. The AC in my car has been acting up, so I've pretty much got the windows down all the time. Of course, my love of music is well-known, but my love of singing out loud is just as strong. I get strange looks all the time as people hear me singing along at the top of my lungs (great stress-reliever) to whatever's on the radio (literally, because the CD player and cassette player don't work anymore).

 

I quit worrying about other people's strange looks a long time ago. I'm just too cool to care … :D

I am another that remember all the old Bee Gee songs and that they were played at dances in h.s. in the 70's. "To Love Somebody" was a very popular slow dance song. Then there was the Saturday Night Live craze and all of those songs in the Disco disaster era :lol: .

 

(dang I am old :eek: :D )

Im one. I bought the Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack a couple years ago and that album is littered with them. Some of my favorites are 'Night Fever' and 'More Than A Woman.'

I really liked the pre-Saturday Night Fever Bee Gees. I have mixed feelings about the disco years.

  • Author

I think it was the high pitched notes I was tryin' to reach that got me the looks of those teens. I think I might have strained a vocal cord.:eek:

I recall when the original album and "tape" for SNF was out. I liked the music but never could get my voice that high.

 

A lot of hits with lyrics, that many of us can still sing along to, today.

  • Author

I have everything from that era, with also some of their young brother Andy Gibb like Shadow Dancing, Love is Thicker Than Water, Our Love(Don't Throw It All Away).

Alot of 45's and 33's as well as 8 track and cassette tapes got converted over to a CD.

  • Author
I am another that remember all the old Bee Gee songs and that they were played at dances in h.s. in the 70's. "To Love Somebody" was a very popular slow dance song. Then there was the Saturday Night Live craze and all of those songs in the Disco disaster era :lol: .

 

(dang I am old :eek: :D )

I feel old when my nephew and neices ask "What's that?"

I really liked the pre-Saturday Night Fever Bee Gees. I have mixed feelings about the disco years.

 

Before disco, I liked them.

I've always liked them and have a few of their CD's

I think the Bee Gees are to music what Gene Hackman is to movies. Quality, quality work that has spanned decades and should be among the heavyweights of their respective industries without getting top billing or critical acclaim.

I think the Bee Gees are to music what Gene Hackman is to movies. Quality, quality work that has spanned decades and should be among the heavyweights of their respective industries without getting top billing or critical acclaim.

 

I would be inclined to agree with that. :thumb:

Nothing better than slow-dancing to the Bee Gees with your girl as a FROSH in high school in the basement of your buddy's house .

 

Oh, the memories!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.