Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County's ranking

Featured Replies

Do you think maybe it's time to quit ranking them based on their history and start ranking them like a team that is 6-8 over the past two years?

 

Starting out so high was a bit absurd but you could say okay maybe it was just 1 bad year but at 0-2 they should drop out of the top 10 now.

Not after losing to a team ranked in the top five of 6A by just four points.

  • Author

6-8 over the past two years, 0-2 this year no matter who they lost to. I was probably a bit harsh saying they should be out of the top 10 since there are only 32 teams in 4A but they shouldn't be higher than 8th.

They lost to the #1 team in 5A and the #4 team in 6A. They were in both games. I disagree. No one in 4A has played a tougher schedule.

I don't think they should. They are still one of the top teams in 4a. I guess for you to see that Nov. will tell all.

  • Author

Still 0-2 and 6-8 in the last 2 years .. so what if they finish the season 2-8 you'll say they are still top 5 because their schedule is tough?

 

Well then in college football let's put ND in the top 10 because they have the toughest schedule over the first 8 games. You either win games or you don't. Right now Boyle County does not.

College has the BCS. High School has districts and playoffs and Boyle will be at the top when it comes that time. Who really even cares about the rankings?

Do you think maybe it's time to quit ranking them based on their history and start ranking them like a team that is 6-8 over the past two years?

 

Starting out so high was a bit absurd but you could say okay maybe it was just 1 bad year but at 0-2 they should drop out of the top 10 now.

 

 

I'm a Boyle grad and fan and I can't argue too much against your statement. I don't know if they deserve to be in the top 10 or not. I do know that no one else in this class has played their schedule this year or last year. I guess it's right to question the ranking and could understand if they were placed lower than they are. Boyle (like many other great programs) does not care about rankings, they care about the playoffs and competing for the title.

Boyle belongs in the rankings now and season end,the Rebs a good real good and well coached team.

Still 0-2 and 6-8 in the last 2 years .. so what if they finish the season 2-8 you'll say they are still top 5 because their schedule is tough?

 

Well then in college football let's put ND in the top 10 because they have the toughest schedule over the first 8 games. You either win games or you don't. Right now Boyle County does not.

 

A 2-8 regular season with one of those 2 wins being a district win would get the Rebels into the playoffs and a shot at the big prize. You have to agree once in the playoffs, they will not face any better competition than what they have played throughout the regular season. It's all about November.

6-8 over the past two years, 0-2 this year no matter who they lost to.
Yes, it does matter who you lose to.

 

Boyle was tied with Bowling Green at halftime and nearly beat Henry Clay. There aren't five teams, much less 10, in 4A that could do that.

At this point, and with the killer schedule that Boyle County is taking on, I think Coach Pardue is aware that he needs to keep his troops on the same page and he can have a big playoff run. Throw out regular season records because I would guess that Boyle County might not have a good one. I honestly feel if the players are psychologically right, they will make a big, big playoff run in the 4A classification.

 

 

 

The Henry Clay game was bitter sweet for Boyle County. They proved that they have no quit in them, but they could not hang on.

 

Hang tough Rebels......hang tough Coach Pardue! Best of luck against the Admirals.

  • Author

I completely agree that their schedule is tough and completely agree that rankings don't mean anything ... but at some point you have to win games. For the past two seasons they have not.

 

Now I think they will probably win against Danville this week but their first five games are against ranked teams. If they are 0-5 are you still making the same argument just because their schedule is tough.

 

Does anyone think they make it out of their district in the playoffs?

 

FWIW I really don't care I'm just making conversation while waiting for Thursday to roll back around (Louisville game).

I think they have a chance. I'd even go so far as to say that in 4A they should be favored to win versus everyone except LexCath and Bell County and of course on any given Friday who knows what could happen. They should see LexCath twice this year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.