Lincoln Co. vs. Mercer Co. Predictions

jrider111

Who wins  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

There was a little typo accident if you want to call it on the voting in the poll..haha:scared: :eek: . I wasn't even going to vote, but I thought, what the heck, why not..I clicked on Lincoln Co., just in case anybody saw the results and got to thinking something?!:lol:

Best of luck to both teams, it should be a great game!:thumb:

Larry French was head coach at Mercer County for 15 years and then at Meade County before coming to Lincoln County in 2004. Marty Jaggers was head coach at Lincoln County from 1991-1996 and then an assistant coach at Danville before taking the Mercer County job two years ago. They did not immediately follow each other but they do have each other's previous jobs now.

At Lincoln County:

Marty Jaggers (1991-1996) 6 seasons 49-27 (.644)

Larry French (2004-present) 3+ seasons 19-15 (.558)

I think the only head-to-head coaching between these two occured in 1993 in the AAA playoffs when Jaggers' Lincoln County team beat Meade County 28-0.

The last time that Lincoln County and Mercer County met on the football field was 1999. There have been 7 games in the series, with Lincoln County winning all but the first one.

Series

1978 MC 12-9

1979 LC 32-8

1980 LC 19-8

1981 LC 20-0

1982 LC 27-8

1983 LC 20-0

1999 LC 41-14

I don't like to pick scores but I will make a prediction: Both coaches will do whatever they can to have good showing against their old teams. This should be a good, well-coached game.

I think Mercer's Co. 17 game winning streak will come to a end this Friday night vs Lincoln Co.in a very close hard hitting battle.

Super I agree :thumb: I think Lincoln County got a big boost last week with their win over a very good Bardstown team.