Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Laurel vs. Clay County

Who Will Win? 43 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Will Win?

    • North Laurel
      32%
      14
    • Clay County
      67%
      29

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Both teams coming off of tough losses. North Laurel gets a chance to protect home field again and I'd hate to say that this game is a "must win" because it's still really early in the season but, this game would be a good one to win. North needs to pick up the first league game to gain a little confidence. I don't know much about the Clay County team this season so maybe someone could tell me a little about them.

Clay is coming off a hard loss and I think they will come out ready to play so Im going to go with the tigers.

 

Clay 42

North 30

Clay has to prove that they are better than last week. Tigers by 16.

  • Author

I'll give the edge to Clay as well but not for the fact that they are coming off that loss. I'm giving it to them because the North offense has yet to show up so, until it does you pretty much have to give the edge to every team North plays. The North D has proved that they've got what it takes to keep a high powered offense at bay but, with no support on the other side of the ball it hasn't transpired into a "W".

North's offense has struggled. However, Clay's defense has surrendered 72 points to a pair of 1A teams. Clay's defense should be just the medicine to cure the Jags offensive ills. North Laurel 28-21.

Could be a shootout. NL has to get the win and will 28 to 21. North will have to run the ball and control the clock.

I don't know if North can score enough to stay in this one. Clay will score a bunch. Have to go with the Tigers.

  • Author
I don't know if North can score enough to stay in this one. Clay will score a bunch. Have to go with the Tigers.

 

I don't know. The North D that I've seen the last two weeks hasn't been one that has allowed a bunch of points to be scored on them.

Clay's defense isn't that strong, so if North's offense can work out it's problems I think it will be a close one.

 

North 17

Clay 14

 

NL has to get past the loss to SL and move on, hope the injuries they incurred in that game are healed up and ready to go for Clay. Zach Lewis is one heck of a QB, so get ready Jaguar defense.

Clay--40

North--21

Would Clay be better on defense against the run with Gilbert at LB instead of DE? I believe he was a dominating LBer in Middle School.

I don't see Clay scoring 40 points on North's defense. But as good as the D has played, the offense has scored 17 points in 2 games. Clay's offense, however, good it is, cannot be any more powerful than South Laurel's.

 

I do think (and hope I am wrong) that unless North can get the offense on track, they could lose another close game.

 

Clay 18

North 14

After watching Lewis last season and early this season he is a very talented QB but I don't think this seasons tigers are near as good as last seasons. I think NL offense gets back on track and wardrup and company will have a big game. NL has played some tough competition the past two weeks and I don't think clay is as good as SL or Cov. Holy Cross.

 

NL - 21

Clay - 14

The Tigers prove that they can handle North's defense.

 

Clay 35

North 21

  • Author

I really hope the North offense comes out and shows everyone that they're not just relying on the defense to win the games for them. North needs to come out early and score and give that D a little room to work with.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.