Lynn Camp 28 Cumberland 26

dragon_slayer

Good win Lynn Camp!!! It looks to me like Cumberland needs to put together a different mix of players on their defense, they appeared to have some weak spots out there that need to be tightened up, and I also dont really understand and have never seen a team have the fastest kid on the team that doesnt have a fullback body playing fullback??? Why has Gilliam never been put in the tailback position and given a little more room to see the field a little better, not to mention take a pitch outside and maybe beat everyone to the corner.

I don't have the stats right now, but these guys really got after each other hard. I saw some of the hardest hits/tackles on the line of scrimmage I've seen in years. Both teams had great 4th and REALLY short stops back to back. It was a fun game to see.

Roskopf had 186 on 22 carries...a 5 yard TD run in OT, then an INT to seal the win on Cumberland's XP in OT. Let the campaign for first team all-state for Roskopf begin!

Maybe the #9 AP ranking for Cumberland was a bit premature...that poll should not come out until week 4, in my opinion.

I would not get to down on Cumberland they are a very good team. Lynn Camp Laid a egg against Clay Co and as the season goes on people will see that LC is going to be good. I have already seen 4 or 5 of the supposed top 10 teams in Class A and Cumberland is right their with any of them. LC is nolonger just Roskoff they have 3 others that can score from anywhere. Wagner had a great game on offense and Cumberland had to double cover Mitchell so that helped get a safety out of the box. Cumberland will battle Hazard for the district Championship. Also from what I was told Roskoff had 29 carries for something like 211 or 215 don't know if that was official or not.

I actually had Joe with 26 carries and 200 yards, and 3 tds. Sidney Wagner had a solid game to with 10 carries and 62 yards. This was a good game, but in a lot ways a sloppy game. Both teams made lots of mistakes, with penalties and turnovers. I don't think either team played their best game last night, as I see both teams really improving over the course of the season. Lynn Camp has made great improvement of defense from week 1 to week 2. The defense played well stuffing the skins a couple of times on 3 and 1 or 2, and a big stop of fourth down late in the game. Its sad that these two will not be playing anymore, the games in recent memory has been some of the best in the mts, and last night was just another chapter in the history between these two. Lynn Camp struggled for many years playing at Cumberland, but they will end the series winning their last 6 at Cumberland.

I was scanning the ol' Camper roster and noticed something

Out of about 30 players there were over 20 freshmen and sophomores. the cats have some upperclassmen providing good leadership, but i have a bad feeling for the teams the hitmen are going to play later as this young squad matures.