Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County quaterback situation?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know how the situation is going on the QB job, but I watched them last year a little and Mason looked like he was a "Quatrerback" while Perry looked out of position. I talked to a friend that was at the BG game and I quote him, "Their stater was horrible, who ever that lefty was looked like the real deal."

I dont know how the situation is going on the QB job, but I watched them last year a little and Mason looked like he was a "Quatrerback" while Perry looked out of position. I talked to a friend that was at the BG game and I quote him, "Their stater was horrible, who ever that lefty was looked like the real deal."

 

In all due respect to Perry, he played a good game the other night. Better than any game last year. Him being "horrible" is way out of line. He did overthrow a few, especially when he threw to his right, towards the sideline.

I do agree though, that he would be better suited at a WR position. He's 6'5 and would be a great target that would be hard to defend for a 5'10'' DB. With Aumiller (WR) being 6'5" too, that would be a great combination. What about the Smith kid at QB? He was running neck and neck all summer with Perry and Mason up until the last week of practice. He' been a QB most of his career, until last year when Mason decided he wanted to be a QB and Smith was moved to WR. Perdue must have had second thoughts about Smith to bring him back at QB. He's a more aggresive type of QB, a better runner, similar to a Duggins or a Smith.

 

This brings up another point. Boyle's lack of a their QB running ability. Duggins and Smith were very good at running the ball. Several times a game, they would put the ball in the back's belly, then pull it out and gain positive yards. Many times, alot of yards. With our current QB, I don't see much of that. Smith or Mason are better runners. Any thoughts on this??

In all due respect to Perry, he played a good game the other night. Better than any game last year. Him being "horrible" is way out of line. He did overthrow a few, especially when he threw to his right, towards the sideline.

I do agree though, that he would be better suited at a WR position. He's 6'5 and would be a great target that would be hard to defend for a 5'10'' DB. With Aumiller (WR) being 6'5" too, that would be a great combination. What about the Smith kid at QB? He was running neck and neck all summer with Perry and Mason up until the last week of practice. He' been a QB most of his career, until last year when Mason decided he wanted to be a QB and Smith was moved to WR. Perdue must have had second thoughts about Smith to bring him back at QB. He's a more aggresive type of QB, a better runner, similar to a Duggins or a Smith.

 

This brings up another point. Boyle's lack of a their QB running ability. Duggins and Smith were very good at running the ball. Several times a game, they would put the ball in the back's belly, then pull it out and gain positive yards. Many times, alot of yards. With our current QB, I don't see much of that. Smith or Mason are better runners. Any thoughts on this??

I have a sympathy for all of these good Boyle County players who have followed the tremendous success that Chuck Smith had at Boyle County High School.

 

The expectation bar has been raised entirely too high!

In all due respect to Perry, he played a good game the other night. Better than any game last year. Him being "horrible" is way out of line. He did overthrow a few, especially when he threw to his right, towards the sideline.

I do agree though, that he would be better suited at a WR position. He's 6'5 and would be a great target that would be hard to defend for a 5'10'' DB. With Aumiller (WR) being 6'5" too, that would be a great combination. What about the Smith kid at QB? He was running neck and neck all summer with Perry and Mason up until the last week of practice. He' been a QB most of his career, until last year when Mason decided he wanted to be a QB and Smith was moved to WR. Perdue must have had second thoughts about Smith to bring him back at QB. He's a more aggresive type of QB, a better runner, similar to a Duggins or a Smith.

 

This brings up another point. Boyle's lack of a their QB running ability. Duggins and Smith were very good at running the ball. Several times a game, they would put the ball in the back's belly, then pull it out and gain positive yards. Many times, alot of yards. With our current QB, I don't see much of that. Smith or Mason are better runners. Any thoughts on this??

 

I do agree that horrible was very much and overstatement as I told my friend. You are correct as well that I believe Perry would be better suited as a WR or maybe even a TE if he put on some weight. There really hasnt been much of a scramble QB since Brandon Smith left.

 

Who is this other Smith you are talking about?

I do agree that horrible was very much and overstatement as I told my friend. You are correct as well that I believe Perry would be better suited as a WR or maybe even a TE if he put on some weight. There really hasnt been much of a scramble QB since Brandon Smith left.

 

Who is this other Smith you are talking about?

 

Jacob Smith. He was the starting QB at Perryville, Boyle Middle, and shared QB duties with Mason his freshman year.

Bryce really did not look that bad at BG. Compared to the Madison Central scrimmage he seemed to get the message and he did one thing against BG that he didn't do against Madison Central and that was move the ball effectively. While I do like Mason and Smith's abilities at QB with Perry, Auhmiller, and Williams at wr's, I'd like to see what Bryce can do the first 3 games before I switch his position. Had Boyle decided to move Bryce last year instead of Grant......never mind.

 

If Perry can't beat Danville, then maybe the QB situation should be revisited. Mason had two good passes for about 80 yards(6-10-110 overall), but he also threw the int that sealed the BG game and he took a 20 yard sack when he shouldn't have as well. Perry did neither of those when he was in the game. He had 1 botched handoff fumble returned for a 92 yard td and hit the bench after that 1 glaring mistake thru 3+ quarters, Mason had those 2 glaring mistakes in less than a full quarter. I like BC's chances with Perry at this point.

 

Of course, they play Henry Clay which could possibly spell doom for Perry's QB career and I think to pull Perry and move him to wr would be premature at this point.

 

I think Smith's last name might be hurting him more than anything. I believe he is related to Coach Smith, and Phillip Mason is son of Coach Mason. Even though Smith is probably a better QB, we all know who is the number 2 QB.

...and mix in the ingredient of controversy over who should be playing what position.... deja vu getting closer........

Play the best kid!

I have a sympathy for all of these good Boyle County players who have followed the tremendous success that Chuck Smith had at Boyle County High School.

 

The expectation bar has been raised entirely too high!

 

 

I'm not sure I disagree with you on the first part. However the last line does puzzle me.

 

Are the expectations really that high? In what way? Not many Rebel fans feel that the County should have won 2 more state titles. If there is a sense of unfulfillment it is that they lost in early rounds the last two years when they might very well could have gone further in the playoffs.

 

Is this not the same spirit that infects Danville, Highlands, Beechwood, Cov Cath, or (insert 8 other programs here)? Do we accuse them of having the expectation bar raised "entirely too high?" No, we pat them on the back for the quality of program they have built. It is no different now at Boyle.

 

We don't expect that every year ends in Louisville but that is the goal and when you fall short of that goal there is some disappointment.

 

Sorry but I had to vent because I see entirely too much thrown at the Rebel fanbase for having high expectations of the program.

I'm not sure I disagree with you on the first part. However the last line does puzzle me.

 

Are the expectations really that high? In what way? Not many Rebel fans feel that the County should have won 2 more state titles. If there is a sense of unfulfillment it is that they lost in early rounds the last two years when they might very well could have gone further in the playoffs.

 

Is this not the same spirit that infects Danville, Highlands, Beechwood, Cov Cath, or (insert 8 other programs here)? Do we accuse them of having the expectation bar raised "entirely too high?" No, we pat them on the back for the quality of program they have built. It is no different now at Boyle.

 

We don't expect that every year ends in Louisville but that is the goal and when you fall short of that goal there is some disappointment.

 

Sorry but I had to vent because I see entirely too much thrown at the Rebel fanbase for having high expectations of the program.

I think the Rebel fans do expect that every year end in Louisville. It happened with such regularity in recent years, why wouldn't they come to expect it?

 

I saw a Boyle County team last week against Bowling Green that appeared to be very well coached. They were crisp in the warmups. They were in unison. Once the game began, I saw a team that executed on offense and defense and had two very productive drives in the first half. Their opponent had some outstanding skilled personnel, but Boyle County played right with them in the first half. I did not see the second half of that ballgame.

 

While I was there, I also did not see some of the outstanding Division I type athletes that Chuck Smith had at Boyle County (no Leffews, no Tammes etc.). Say what you want, but maybe Chuck's success was a combination of hard work, preparation, good coaching and maybe most importantly an unusual influx of some Division I caliber athletes that Coach Pardue is not blessed with.

I'm not sure I disagree with you on the first part. However the last line does puzzle me.

 

Are the expectations really that high? In what way? Not many Rebel fans feel that the County should have won 2 more state titles. If there is a sense of unfulfillment it is that they lost in early rounds the last two years when they might very well could have gone further in the playoffs.

 

Is this not the same spirit that infects Danville, Highlands, Beechwood, Cov Cath, or (insert 8 other programs here)? Do we accuse them of having the expectation bar raised "entirely too high?" No, we pat them on the back for the quality of program they have built. It is no different now at Boyle.

 

We don't expect that every year ends in Louisville but that is the goal and when you fall short of that goal there is some disappointment.

 

 

Sorry but I had to vent because I see entirely too much thrown at the Rebel fanbase for having high expectations of the program.

 

:thumb: Yea what he said!

 

As for quarterback.....Boyle's best chance to win is with Perry at quarterback. Perdue is no dummy when it comes to running a offence. If his job is on the line, he will be placing the players in a position to get the most out of this team. The only fault I see is the schedule needs to be somewhat easier a couple of weeks. Nothing against playing tuff competition, but a few wins can do wonders.

:thumb: Yea what he said!

 

As for quarterback.....Boyle's best chance to win is with Perry at quarterback. Perdue is no dummy when it comes to running a offence. If his job is on the line, he will be placing the players in a position to get the most out of this team. The only fault I see is the schedule needs to be somewhat easier a couple of weeks. Nothing against playing tuff competition, but a few wins can do wonders.

 

:thumb: Agreed Boyle has one of the toughest schedules in the state!

I think the Rebel fans do expect that every year end in Louisville. It happened with such regularity in recent years, why wouldn't they come to expect it?

 

I saw a Boyle County team last week against Bowling Green that appeared to be very well coached. They were crisp in the warmups. They were in unison. Once the game began, I saw a team that executed on offense and defense and had two very productive drives in the first half. Their opponent had some outstanding skilled personnel, but Boyle County played right with them in the first half. I did not see the second half of that ballgame.

 

While I was there, I also did not see some of the outstanding Division I type athletes that Chuck Smith had at Boyle County (no Leffews, no Tammes etc.). Say what you want, but maybe Chuck's success was a combination of hard work, preparation, good coaching and maybe most importantly an unusual influx of some Division I caliber athletes that Coach Pardue is not blessed with.

 

 

I think I'm confused. :confused:

 

You agreed that fans expect a trip to Louisville. Does that mean they "expect or have that as a goal." There are 2 different meanings here. Again, I say the Rebel nation have that as our goal every year. As does every great program. What is wrong with that and why is that raising the bar too high?

 

Are there any Leffews or Tammes, et al? Doesn't look like it. But quite frankly I thought the '03 team wasn't all that heavy in Div. 1 talent (Smith went 1-AA but did anybody else go to 1A or 1AA college and play football on that squad?) but still went 15-0, won the state, and beat one of the more talented AAA teams I've ever seen in Paducah Tighlman (see Hunter Cantwell, Joe Casey and others). By talent, I'm not sure how that squad was able to accomplish what they did but their record speaks otherwise.

 

As I've stated, all Rebel fans want is to be in the hunt to go to Louisville. Even in down years.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.