Bellevue 13 Newport 6

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of a throwback game compared to the first game (NCC/SK) in the first ever Newport Bowl.

Bellevue took advantage of a ton of Newport turnovers. Honestly I lost count but I'm going to guess 5 INTs and 4 lost fumbles. And Newport recovered maybe 4 more of their own fumbles.

Bellevue got their first INT on the first series and returned it to the 1 from where they scored to make it 7-0.

Newport eventually scored on a trick play whereby the pass to the Wide out is actually a backwards pass, and then the Wide Out throws it to another wide receiver streaking down the field. Actually the best thrown ball of the night for Newport. Newport went for two on the PAT and was stopped.

Bellevue would not score again until the 4th quarter following another Newport turnover when they would take over at the 20. Eventually they would score on a nice pass and catch to the back of the endzone too make it 13-7.

Random thoughts:

Bellevue didn't gain much on the ground or in the air but kept the turnovers relatively low. defense caught the ball when Newport kept throwing it to them.

Newport just flat out does not take care of the ball. Defense played okay considering they kept getting put back on the field.

Kind of a throwback game compared to the first game (NCC/SK) in the first ever Newport Bowl.

Bellevue took advantage of a ton of Newport turnovers. Honestly I lost count but I'm going to guess 5 INTs and 4 lost fumbles. And Newport recovered maybe 4 more of their own fumbles.

Bellevue got their first INT on the first series and returned it to the 1 from where they scored to make it 7-0.

Newport eventually scored on a trick play whereby the pass to the Wide out is actually a backwards pass, and then the Wide Out throws it to another wide receiver streaking down the field. Actually the best thrown ball of the night for Newport. Newport went for two on the PAT and was stopped.

Bellevue would not score again until the 4th quarter following another Newport turnover when they would take over at the 20. Eventually they would score on a nice pass and catch to the back of the endzone too make it 13-7.

Random thoughts:

Bellevue didn't gain much on the ground or in the air but kept the turnovers relatively low. defense caught the ball when Newport kept throwing it to them.

Newport just flat out does not take care of the ball. Defense played okay considering they kept getting put back on the field.

Thats basically what my dad told me who was at the game. Sounds like if Newport holds on to the ball they score a couple more td's and win the game by a decent margin.

Bellevue defense was much improved especially the DB's............Neither offense performed particularly well but The Buckler kid did make a great catch in the end zone for a TD. IF Bellevue can get their offense going they will be ok.

Newport again played really good defense but............snaps from center in the shot gun were an adventure at best and caused many problems. This can be fixed though. I love the QB's running ability. He made several crazy runs running across the field and avoiding numerous tacklers.

The comments by APNW, may lead people to think that Newport is still the better of the two teams (I know that is not what was said, but could be interpreted that way). Bellevue outplayed Newport. Could it be the interceptions were caused by good pressure and good coverage?

ok bellevue won stop trying to act like it didnt happen. Big win boys you did what nobody thought you would look at the predictions page. congradulations on a big win that you earned. Win is a Win

Wow no reason for that...Now congrats to Bellevue on a good win. From the sounds of it they didn't do much on offense, but didn't need to since the defense was getting turnovers. It doesn't matter how you win, as long as you win and that is what Bellevue did. It was a great win for Bellevue to open the season with...:thumb:

ok i have seen it alot when bellevue makes a big win people try to make excuses to make it sound like they lucked into the win instead of earning it.

Ok thats fine, but there really hasn't been anyone saying that in this thread. You just jumped gun a little early there in getting all fired up...

Lets see from what I know All play and no work is a guy who usually seems to support the Bellevue program, because me and him usually have some nice arguments when it comes to the Ludlow and Bellevue games. So I dont think he would try to take anything away from Bellevue...And what NHS said is just the truth. If Newport dont turn the ball over, then they do win, because it was two turnovers that did set up both Bellevue tds..So what he said is the truth, there is no one taking away anything, its just people stating facts...

I know as I said before Bellevue did a very nice job in creating some of those turnovers, and taking advantages of some of the turnovers that was just mistakes on Newports part. That is what winning teams are suppose to do and that is fine ways to win games no matter what and that is what Bellevue did..You have gotten all fired up about nothing in this thread...

alright but thats like saying newport would of never scored if it was not for the trick play. there offense was not showing me that they were going to score.

And that would be true, with all the turnovers Newport was having, they wouldn't have scored if it wasn't for that trick play. Newport had 9 drives apparently end because of turnovers, so if those dont happen no one knows if Newport would have done anything with those drives. That is why people say if Newport didn't turn the ball they probably pull the win out, because those turnovers is what set up Bellevues 2 tds...

ok but turnovers are part of the game. I guess it makes bellevue lucky that they played good D and was able to intercept the ball. So what your saying bellevue shouldn play good D and make turnovers so they can get respect.

Dude you need to calm down man. Go back and look at a few of my post, I even say Bellevue did what they had to do to get the win. And that means that they made those plays when they had to. Trust me I know turnovers is part of the game. I have not tried to take anything away from Bellevue at all. And that is the point I am making, NOBODY has. You have been getting all fired up about nothing. Save it for a time for when and if someone really does say something to take something away from a Bellevue victory..

no you said if it was not for the turnovoers newport would of probally won

Which is once again true. What dont you get about that. If there was no turnover for Newport then they dont lose that game. That is a pure and simple fact. Yeah Bellevue created some of them, and some of them was just mistakes on Newports fault that Bellevue took advantage of like the should. But if there was no turnovers at all Newport would have won then. Its not a hard fact to understand. When a team turns the ball over 9 times and still only loses by 7 of coarse people are going to say if there was no turnovers they would have won, and that would be the truth. Its not trying to take away from Bellevue, it is just telling the truth...

im not even getting fired up really im not. I could get way worse. No you said if it was not for the turnovoers newport would of probally won it was not for turnovers and thats what im saying even if bellevue would of won with them having no turnovers there would be another reason why newport lost.

And if that was the case, then you would have a legit reason to be upset. However that is not the case here, and what people have said about the turnovers is just the truth plain and simple. Its not people trying to go take away from Bellevues victory at all...