Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lou. Central/ vs. DuPont Manual

Who will win this game? 21 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win this game?

    • Central
      19%
      4
    • Manual
      80%
      17

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Central wins by 14.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this will be a close one. Manual will prevail. I see them losing only at their own hand.

I have not seen Manual play Central for awhile now, infact I may have played in the last Manual Vs. Central game. Back then Central was a team whose win loss record did not reflect their strength and athletic ability, that was a team that hit hard, and had some quick guys. Unusually, hard hitting linebackers but huge but immobile line, infact their own line did more to clog their lanes then we ever could. But you felt it the day after you played the Yellowjackets. I always hoped other teams felt the same way when they played us. The training room was always most busy after the Central and St. X games.

The Old goats may be trying to do one. I'm not sure if there is room in the box at Central or the required equipment available.
Pete if you want, I will have my lap top with me at my double secret draft bunker you can just call me on my cell with updates if you want to and I will be glad to post them here since I can't be there with you guys.

A few thing I like in Manual's favor. They run the wing T very well, now that they have a legit arm at QB and some guys who can catch, this could be an outstanding offense. The wing T can be one of the hardest offenses to read, against an undisciplined team they will roll up the points. Central has to prove under thier new coach that they can play a disciplined stye of football.

 

I plan on attending this game and can give call to ram95 with updates.

Last year Central wins this easily... does a year make a difference?
For what it is worth they had one common opponet last season, PRP. Central lost 14-7 and Manual beat them 21-14. Central also had a MUCH easier schedule than Manual.

 

BTW I like that these teams are playing again, its good for Louisville football.

  • Author

Can someone please tell me what streets Central Satdium is off of? Someone was asking me where it was and I hadn't been in that part of town since last january... I know it's not at the High School, and it's not on Broadway.

 

My memory seems to tell me it was off Madison or Muhhamad Ali? What cross street would oen need to take off of Broadway?

 

Thanks.

Can someone please tell me what streets Central Satdium is off of? Someone was asking me where it was and I hadn't been in that part of town since last january... I know it's not at the High School, and it's not on Broadway.

 

My memory seems to tell me it was off Madison or Muhhamad Ali? What cross street would oen need to take off of Broadway?

 

Thanks.

http://www.manualfootball.com/

 

On the website goe to the "schedule" and then click on Central under locations.

I am going with Manual....23-16

 

 

Thank God football is back.

  • Author
http://www.manualfootball.com/

 

On the website goe to the "schedule" and then click on Central under locations.

It gives only the location of Central High School.... I thought the stadium is seperate from the school?

It gives only the location of Central High School.... I thought the stadium is seperate from the school?
It is, Central is on 11th and Chestnut, what you want to do is get on Muhammad Ali west bound and take almost to 15th street, the stadium will be on your right.
  • Author
It is, Central is on 11th and Chestnut, what you want to do is get on Muhammad Ali west bound and take almost to 15th street, the stadium will be on your right.

Thank You! I thought it was on either Madison or Muhammad Ali!

The edge will go to the team that can be the most "sound" in all three phases of the game. I would certainly give that edge to Manual at this point in the season.

 

Hardest week 1 game to call IMO.

 

Best guess - Manual 28 - Central 13

Central will once again have the talent to do great things, but Manual has both the talent and at least a 3.5 quarter game focus... Manual 41 - Central 13. :cool:

I tend to agree with the Ox. New coach at Central came from Doss, not a football power and will get overwhelmed a number of times this year. Here's something you don't see often- Manual wins because of coaching. Give Joe N. his props this year.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.