Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lou. Central/ vs. DuPont Manual

Who will win this game? 21 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win this game?

    • Central
      19%
      4
    • Manual
      80%
      17

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

New coach at Central came from Doss, not a football power

 

Not a very fair way to assess a coach. Coach Scroggins fielded competitive teams that were well coached. He certainly got some capable athletes, he tended to lack the size need to make a serious run in the OLD AAA.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a very fair way to assess a coach. Coach Scroggins fielded competitive teams that were well coached. He certainly got some capable athletes, he tended to lack the size need to make a serious run in the OLD AAA.

:thumb: I agree,it is funny how depth and good players tend to make the coaches look a lot smarter. And I am sure there were good players at Doss but he may have more depth at Central which has more tradition.

One would expect this to be an easy prediction. Unfortunatly, IMHO, I don't think so.

 

By all rights, Manual should and probably will come away with the "W". But what little I have seen, and what I've heard a lot about this Central team, is that they play with heart and commitment. That can prove to be a deadly combination if Manual takes them to lightly. I don't expect that; but I have seen it in them on occasion in the last five years as a casual observer from their stands.

 

Final Score Prediction = Crimsons by a TD.

 

:thumb: GO RAMS! :thumb:

Not a very fair way to assess a coach. Coach Scroggins fielded competitive teams that were well coached. He certainly got some capable athletes, he tended to lack the size need to make a serious run in the OLD AAA.

I would agree it's not fair but that how coaches get evaluated. Central will be the underdog in at least 4 ( Manual, Male, St X, Highlands) games and let's not forget Johnson Central at 13-1 last year. It is a big step up and I am sure he'll be successful in the playoffs but Joe nichols has experience and happens to have the 4 th best team if not better in the state.

I'll be pulling for Central to get a big time win against a big time opponent, but I'd still give Manual a slight edge

I will take Central in the upset 24-22.

Last year Central wins this easily... does a year make a difference? Lots of Crimson hype has my attention. All eyes on the Big Red! I'm game.... Manual wins 24-14.
not so sure about that dad, this year's Central team plays MUCH more disciplined football than last year and are IMO better on defense than last year. Sure they don't have two backs like they had last season, but the ones this year are good as well, not burners, but big brusing backs with some speed.

 

Having said that, I still think Manual will win a fairly close game. Manual is pretty deep as well as talented, Central is not so deep, on a day where the game time temp will probably be in the 90's Manual will likely come out on top.

 

But I still think Central will be playing in December.

I will take Central in the upset 24-22.

 

After seeing the calprep summary thread I see you really went out on a limb:laugh:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.