Quotes to Live By...

HSsportsfan14

"Cred quia absurdum est"

"Better to be a coward for a minute than dead the rest of your life." Irish proverb

"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it is unfamiliar territory." Paul Fix

"Never raise your hand to your children, it leaves your midsection exposed."

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." Mark Twain

"Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand"

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put GOD first in your life and everything else will fall into its proper place.

If your not making mistakes then your not trying to do anything.

Both were from my dad, GOD rest his soul.

Some more favorites.

There is no knowledge without pain-Aristotle

Winning is a habit, unfortunately so is losing.-Vince Lombardi

Fatigue makes cowards of us all-Jimmie Johnson

Dont ever stand upon the shoreline and say youre satisfied. Choose to chance the rapids and dare to dance the tide-Garth Brooks

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

~ Teddy Roosevelt

"Death solves all problems — no man, no problem."

-Joseph Stalin

I thought HHSDad would say that :lol:

"the only thing we have to fear is fear itself"

FDR-First Inaugural Address (3/4/1933)

"A man does what he must — in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers, and pressures — and that is the basis of all human morality."

JFK-Profiles in Courage 1956

"carpe diem"(seize the day)

"carpe diem"(seize the day)

Dum loquimur, fugerit invida aetas:

carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.

Even while we speak, envious time has passed:

seize the day, putting as little trust as possible in tomorrow!

One of my favorite quotes....

"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught".

J. C. Watts

I love this one STRIKE :thumb: :thumb:

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

~ Teddy Roosevelt

Love this quote...

"If you want a clue as to what she's gonna look like in 20 years, look at her mother" -my high school typing teacher, affectionately known as "dirtbag".

Sound, sound advice!

"Dirtbag", is full of words of wisdom.

Incidently, I was the last student paddled at Raceland High School because of his desire to be the last teacher at the old high school to paddle a student.

More words of wisdom from "Dirtbag": Why are all you seniors working so hard the last month of school, we turned your grades in two weeks ago".