August 13, 200719 yr If the Reds hire Larussa, I will never go to a Reds game while he's managing. I may even have to become a Cubs fan. This is about the way that I feel :thumb: . I could never root against the Reds I don't think but I would have hard time rooting for them with "the man who invented baseball" in the dugout. "IF" Larussa come in then I will watch the Cubs, I can watch them on WGN as much as the Reds on FoxOhio.
August 13, 200719 yr I'm going off of the top of my head here, but Larussa has to be high on the all time winning %, wins, and playoff appearances lists. He's one of the all time greats, he has I believe two world championship rings. So if the Reds broadcaster doesn't like him that's not stopping me from wanting him here. Who won the WS last year? Why do people love Girardi, but hate Larussa? I don't get it.
August 13, 200719 yr Lance has about as much inside info as the rest of us. You don't have to like him, but I'm guessing he didn't make this stuff up. He can probably make a call and find out more about the Reds than you or I. Again this is just a guess.
August 13, 200719 yr You don't have to like him, but I'm guessing he didn't make this stuff up. He can probably make a call and find out more about the Reds than you or I. Again this is just a guess.I love Lance, but he is the biggest rumor monger in the city.
August 13, 200719 yr Joe would be a perfect fit!I disagree. I want Ken Macha, if you thought that Girardi had problems with Marlins management, meet Mr. Castellini and tell me it wouldn't be even worse.
August 13, 200719 yr I love Lance, but he is the biggest rumor monger in the city. That's fine if you'd like to believe that. His job is to get people talking and listening to his show. I still believe that he didn't make up that Girardi was in town.
August 13, 200719 yr Joe would be a perfect fit! He'd be on the short list, but he would be behind Larussa and others.
August 13, 200719 yr I'm a huge Marty fan, but he doesn't have much room to talk in that department. I agree.
August 13, 200719 yr That's fine if you'd like to believe that. His job is to get people talking and listening to his show. I still believe that he didn't make up that Girardi was in town.I never said that he made it up. But you saying that his job is to drum up listeners backs me up, he's a rumor monger, and those things get ratings. I'm not saying it's bad or unethical, just saying anything he puts on that blog, you need to take with a grain of salt.
August 13, 200719 yr That's fine if you'd like to believe that. His job is to get people talking and listening to his show. I still believe that he didn't make up that Girardi was in town.JCase in point, I counted at least 4 references to bringing Corey Dillon in here to replace Perry/Irons on his blog. The odds are greater of me getting the job than that.
August 13, 200719 yr JCase in point, I counted at least 4 references to bringing Corey Dillon in here to replace Perry/Irons on his blog. The odds are greater of me getting the job than that. But he was speculating, that's different than saying he heard that Girardi was in town. You called out his "sources." I think he has this one right and can make a call or two and get better info about the Reds than you or I can.
August 13, 200719 yr Author But he was speculating, that's different than saying he heard that Girardi was in town. Other than him visiting Paul, he was speculating. Or at least reporting speculation...
August 13, 200719 yr Other than him visiting Paul, he was speculating. Or at least reporting speculation... It started w/ things I'm told and said he was repeateing things he was told twice more. Call it what you want. I'm willing to believe that he was told those things.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.