Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scotty Hopson opening things back up?

Featured Replies

Marc Maggard says he is hearing that Hopson may be reopening his recruitment and the very reason is an interest in UK and vice versa.

Hopson has been playing very well this summer but he tends to play well during the summer...it is during the high school portion of the year that he has been scrutinized.

He has been underwhelming to say the least from the reports I have heard about him at UHA.

Then he hits the summer scene and "wows" people. Most "recruitniks" feel he is the best player in the state this year...but they only see him in the summer against very good competition.

I can't understand the why that is?

Is it the structure or lacktherof?

Coaching?

Attitude of the player?

 

A verbal from Hopson would take UK out of the Darius Miller stakes, IMO. It seems as if Illinois may be the lead dog in that race.

Scotty Hopson's committment to Mississippi State was about as firm as Rosie O'Donnell's backside.

Not heard much positive said about this kid in terms of attitude.

Hard to ignore a kid that plays fantastic against the best of the best. He's clearly less than motivated at the state level against weaker competition. In the end looking at the next level I know what would jump out at me. Potential head case? Maybe. Big time performer on the big stage? Looks likely...

  • Author

His AAU team, or a coach with that AAU team has a history of steering kids to Mississippi State.

I have thought his verbal was made in haste...but was not too concerned because of the negative feedback I got back on him from his play at UHA.

  • Author

Also some scuttlebutt that he may be transferring to Clarksville HS (TN).

If I'm UK, I stay away. I just feel that he lacks the physical attributes that it takes to make it in college play.

 

Doing things in the summer when their is a lack of defensive effort and lack of structure is one thing.

 

Struggling against high school competition, where he might not play with as talented player, where there is more structure, and where defensive intensity is amped up a notch or two is another thing.

Also some scuttlebutt that he may be transferring to Clarksville HS (TN).

 

Would he be playing against better competition in the high school season that way?

  • Author
If I'm UK, I stay away. I just feel that he lacks the physical attributes that it takes to make it in college play.

 

Doing things in the summer when their is a lack of defensive effort and lack of structure is one thing.

 

Struggling against high school competition, where he might not play with as talented player, where there is more structure, and where defensive intensity is amped up a notch or two is another thing.

Wholeheartedly disagree...the whole pickle is not the physical attributes, no one denies he is a tremendous talent and physically a nice player.

Now if you want to say that the mental part of the game could be lacking...then you have an argument.

Hard to ignore a kid that plays fantastic against the best of the best. He's clearly less than motivated at the state level against weaker competition. In the end looking at the next level I know what would jump out at me. Potential head case? Maybe. Big time performer on the big stage? Looks likely...

I agree with you on this being a potential headcase. But that is one reason why BCG gets the big bucks. Some coaches have the ability to work with kids like that and turn them into great BB players. Others don't have that skill set and it ruins the team in the long run. Team chemistry is so important

Wholeheartedly disagree...the whole pickle is not the physical attributes, no one denies he is a tremendous talent and physically a nice player.

Now if you want to say that the mental part of the game could be lacking...then you have an argument.

 

 

:thumb: The kid can play with anyone.

The way I see it he is definitly a risk, but one that maybe worth taking. His talent is unquestionable. The thing about summer ball is there isn't any defense being played much. It is all 1 on 1 and that is where he excels at. The head case argument is definitly something to worry about with him. I would rather have Darius Miller than Hopson, but I am sure Gillispie will do what he needs to do.

Would he be playing against better competition in the high school season that way?
Possibly, but University Heights normally plays quite a schedule.
Possibly, but University Heights normally plays quite a schedule.

 

If University Heights wants to play teams like Scott Co, Mason Co, Madison Central, LexCath, Ballard, etc there is some very good competition in the state of Kentucky this season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.