August 12, 200719 yr Author Spoke with someone tonight who said that the UHA coach last year was gosh awful. Said he saw them trounce a Sweet 16 participant by 20+ last summer and UHA coach called timeout after a breakaway dunk by Hopson, and the coach was complaining about a lack of a bounce pass....said from that point it was downhill all the way to losing to Christian County badly in the first round of the districts. Said the new coach McCoy would get a lot out of Hopson, if Hopson decides to stay.
August 12, 200719 yr If University Heights wants to play teams like Scott Co, Mason Co, Madison Central, LexCath, Ballard, etc there is some very good competition in the state of Kentucky this season. He sure didnt get up for Scott Co. last year.
August 12, 200719 yr Hard to ignore a kid that plays fantastic against the best of the best. He's clearly less than motivated at the state level against weaker competition. In the end looking at the next level I know what would jump out at me. Potential head case? Maybe. Big time performer on the big stage? Looks likely... :thumb: :thumb: I don't think its worth it to take the chance but thats just me.
August 13, 200719 yr hopson, is a great talent, don't know anything about him, but saw him play in a game and he couldn't be stopped. One of the top scorers I have ever seen!
August 13, 200719 yr Said the new coach McCoy would get a lot out of Hopson, if Hopson decides to stay. It also doesn't hurt UK that Patrick Sparks' uncle is McCoy's assistant coach at UK.
August 13, 200719 yr New article today on another web site about all the Hopson rumors. He says this: I don't know where all the rumors are coming from, but it's NOT true. Hopson quote: I've been getting a bunch of calls about it, and I keep telling everybody the same thing: I'm going to Mississippi St. Aaked to put a percentage on how firm his commitment is to the Bulldogs, Hopson added: "100 Percent".
August 13, 200719 yr Whether the rumors are true or untrue, he can't really openly say that they are... I don't know if they are or not, but he definitely wouldn't acknowledge it.
August 14, 200719 yr Author Hopson isn't going to say yes to anyone else unless he first decommits from MSU.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.