August 9, 200719 yr In a system fit for Miller you might be right. Over this summer Miller was outplayed by both... How many times did you see them play this summer??? I have seen all three more than once while playing for their HS teams, and I don't care who outplayed whom, in whose opinion, in summer ball. Miller is my guy...as he was Tubby's, and BCG's...Mackey is a role player at D-1, Hopson could be anything, Miller is a cinch...
August 9, 200719 yr How many times did you see them play this summer??? I have seen all three more than once while playing for their HS teams, and I don't care who outplayed whom, in whose opinion, in summer ball. Miller is my guy...as he was Tubby's, and BCG's...Mackey is a role player at D-1, Hopson could be anything, Miller is a cinch... I have seen each twice this summer and talk to the guys that do these rankings on a regular basis. I think it's just the nature of Miller's game that prevents him from being a high riser in the rankings. His game is solid and well built for a structured system he will see at the next level, but on the grassroots summer level he can blend in a little too much and get lost in the shuffle. In the end he is still one of the 50 best players out of the thousands playing their senior season in a few months. Not too shabby. Plus he's going to look great in his Illini jersey for 08...
August 9, 200719 yr I have seen each twice this summer and talk to the guys that do these rankings on a regular basis. I think it's just the nature of Miller's game that prevents him from being a high riser in the rankings. His game is solid and well built for a structured system he will see at the next level, but on the grassroots summer level he can blend in a little too much and get lost in the shuffle. In the end he is still one of the 50 best players out of the thousands playing their senior season in a few months. Not too shabby. Plus he's going to look great in his Illini jersey for 08... Is Illini the word seriously???
August 9, 200719 yr Is Illini the word seriously??? It's looking about 50/50 with UK and Illinois. Each camp seems pretty convinced he is theirs to lose. I was just giving you a hard time...
August 9, 200719 yr It's looking about 50/50 with UK and Illinois. Each camp seems pretty convinced he is theirs to lose. I was just giving you a hard time... I want Miller bad...keeping my fingers crossed...
August 9, 200719 yr I want Miller bad...keeping my fingers crossed... Looking at it here is my concern with Miller and UK. What's the hold up? He has been a top priority from the day Gillispie got there, and there has been plenty of time to cultivate a solid relationship with his family. If he's holding off in order to make official visits to get a clearer picture, I'm less concerned. The family has kept things pretty close to the vest so it's hard to get a good read on where he stands...
August 10, 200719 yr I've seen both Miller and Hopson several times the last year or two, and really don't think it's close; although I'll admit I've not seen either this summer. Hopson is a very good athlete, but doesn't compare to Darius as a "basketball player" IMO!! As a Brossart fan, we've "gotten close but no cigar" against Mason repeatedly the last two years, and the difference has always been Miller!! While it's only one game, a Thomas More recruit and a golfer held Hopson to 6 points (2 in the last 3 quarters) in the All "A" semis; so either our guys need to reevaluate or Hopson is a whole lot overrated!! Looking at recent UK moves, I'd guess they'd go for Hopson; but Darius would seem to be the proven winner, a more all around player, with a great work ethic, AND a lot of upside--Here's hoping BCG looks towards Maysville and D. Miller likes what he sees!!
August 10, 200719 yr I hope Miller's choice is Kentucky. BCG should put everything into his recruitment effort of this young man, and I'm sure he has. I saw him play once last year at GRC and was very impressed. And....how, and why, in the world would he choose Illinois over Kentucky??? That's like comparing Tulane to LSU in football.
August 10, 200719 yr It's looking about 50/50 with UK and Illinois. Each camp seems pretty convinced he is theirs to lose. I was just giving you a hard time... He says he really liked the "family atmosphere" in Champaign.
August 10, 200719 yr He says he really liked the "family atmosphere" in Champaign. I've still yet to see a kid talk openly about a "bad visit". As the guy on the other end of that line, I still take it with a grain of salt. That's likely why I don't spend a lot of time doing recruit interviews for the UC Rivals site...
August 10, 200719 yr Author How many times did you see them play this summer??? I have seen all three more than once while playing for their HS teams, and I don't care who outplayed whom, in whose opinion, in summer ball. Miller is my guy...as he was Tubby's, and BCG's...Mackey is a role player at D-1, Hopson could be anything, Miller is a cinch... I disagree with that. Mackey IMO will be much more than a role player in college. I really don't see Miller as really being better than Mackey. Miller is stronger and bigger and rebounds much better. But Mackey is much quicker and a better shooter and passer. Hopson quite honestly has more potential than either, but he is the laziest player I have ever seen.
August 10, 200719 yr I know this is a bit off topic, but when will the class of 09 be ranked? Not sure of the exact date but it should be out in the fall...
August 10, 200719 yr Not sure of the exact date but it should be out in the fall... Thanks GT, I have a friend in that class and have been to a few games and am anxious to see how they stack up.
August 10, 200719 yr Thanks GT, I have a friend in that class and have been to a few games and am anxious to see how they stack up. They updated the 2009 Top 100... http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1642
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.