Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Updated Rivals 2008 Rankings

Featured Replies

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1617

 

I don't like the new rankings at all.

 

Hopson is 9th

 

Mackey 35th

 

Miller is 45th

 

On the AAU circuit there is very little defense being played and there is no structure so it does make Scotty Hopson's abilities shine.

The problem with that is he does not play well with structure (I hope for him that changes).

On the other hand Miller is not a selfish player, but is very talented. But AAU is not where his abilities will really shine.

All 3 guys are very talented, but give me Miller and Mackey over Hopson anyday.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1617

 

I don't like the new rankings at all.

 

Hopson is 9th

 

Mackey 35th

 

Miller is 45th

 

On the AAU circuit there is very little defense being played and there is no structure so it does make Scotty Hopson's abilities shine.

The problem with that is he does not play well with structure (I hope for him that changes).

On the other hand Miller is not a selfish player, but is very talented. But AAU is not where his abilities will really shine.

All 3 guys are very talented, but give me Miller and Mackey over Hopson anyday.

 

Not to knock anyone, but have the guys that make these rankings ever seen these kids play?? No way Hopson is above Miller, much less this far above, at this point??

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1617

 

I don't like the new rankings at all.

 

Hopson is 9th

 

Mackey 35th

 

Miller is 45th

 

On the AAU circuit there is very little defense being played and there is no structure so it does make Scotty Hopson's abilities shine.

The problem with that is he does not play well with structure (I hope for him that changes).

On the other hand Miller is not a selfish player, but is very talented. But AAU is not where his abilities will really shine.

All 3 guys are very talented, but give me Miller and Mackey over Hopson anyday.

I agree !!!! Also no wahy is Yancy Gates 82 !!! First of the year they had him a 5 star and top 10 or 15 ........
Rivals is now a joke. There is no way there are 44 players better than Darius.

 

You're not even the smallest bit biased? ;)

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1617

 

I don't like the new rankings at all.

 

Hopson is 9th

 

Mackey 35th

 

Miller is 45th

 

On the AAU circuit there is very little defense being played and there is no structure so it does make Scotty Hopson's abilities shine.

The problem with that is he does not play well with structure (I hope for him that changes).

On the other hand Miller is not a selfish player, but is very talented. But AAU is not where his abilities will really shine.

All 3 guys are very talented, but give me Miller and Mackey over Hopson anyday.

Shocker.

Check out the 5th ranked player... John Riek:eek:

You're not even the smallest bit biased? ;)

How come ever time anyone makes a comment on a team or player they are associated with they are immediately called biased? Just because I'm biased doesnt mean im not right.

How come ever time anyone makes a comment on a team or player they are associated with they are immediately called biased? Just because I'm biased doesnt mean im not right.

 

I happen to agree with you...IMO Miller is better than Hopson and I believe quite a bit better than Mackey...

How come ever time anyone makes a comment on a team or player they are associated with they are immediately called biased? Just because I'm biased doesnt mean im not right.

 

Because you claim that out of the tens of thousands of high school basketball players in the entire United States, coast to coast, that there aren't 44 of those guys better than your guy. You might be right, I don't know. But my guess is that you really don't know, either.

Check out the 5th ranked player... John Riek:eek:

He looks older than Greg Oden...:laugh:

Rivals is now a joke. There is no way there are 44 players better than Darius.

Just curious. How many of those 44 players have you seen???

I happen to agree with you...IMO Miller is better than Hopson and I believe quite a bit better than Mackey...

In a system fit for Miller you might be right. Over this summer Miller was outplayed by both...

I've seen both Hopson and Miller play......Miller is the better team player IMO, but when you get to AAU Hopson's individual talent takes center stage.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.