August 11, 200719 yr They updated the 2009 Top 100... http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1642 Thanks again.
August 11, 200719 yr Not to knock anyone, but have the guys that make these rankings ever seen these kids play?? No way Hopson is above Miller, much less this far above, at this point?? Actually there was a report from a few reputable "recruitniks" where Hopson's MidState Ballaz played Miller's team, and Hopson went off. Poured in 30+ points and the scouts were drooling over his play.
August 11, 200719 yr Looking at it here is my concern with Miller and UK. What's the hold up? He has been a top priority from the day Gillispie got there, and there has been plenty of time to cultivate a solid relationship with his family. If he's holding off in order to make official visits to get a clearer picture, I'm less concerned. The family has kept things pretty close to the vest so it's hard to get a good read on where he stands... Then they must not be talking to the father. Darius by all accounts is a tremendous kid, but is very quiet. His father has been in charge of this recruitment and has chatted with quite a few people. No matter what anyone tells you, Miller would not even be considering UK if Tubby was the coach. Florida was bigtime consideration, but that changed.... UNC is the school his father would love for Darius to be recruited by and if they did, that is the direction he would steer him to. I agree with you regarding Miller and UK. Not sure what the connection is with Illinois, but he has thought highly of them for a long time. BCG has rolled out the red carpet for him and you do not hear any noise. You can pretty much tell with most recruits who they really like especially when they are getting recruited as a priority. As mentioned in another thread, Hopson's play this summer has been really really good. His play in the summer has been very aggressive. My opinion is somewhat jaded on him, because I have gotten feedback on him from people who have seen him and coached against him, and some have just called him a flat "dog" at UHA. Quite contrasting to his summer play. Miller on the other hand, I believe him to be a fantastic talent but some have lamented a lack of aggression from him. Team concept? Nothing wrong with that. I would love Darius Miller and probably prefer him over Hopson, but Hopson's talent is tantalizing.
August 11, 200719 yr Then they must not be talking to the father. After covering these things more I tend to listen for the mom to speak... :lol:
August 11, 200719 yr Author Actually there was a report from a few reputable "recruitniks" where Hopson's MidState Ballaz played Miller's team, and Hopson went off. Poured in 30+ points and the scouts were drooling over his play. I read an article about that game. Hopson poured in 30+ points and lost the game. Miller seemed like he had a balanced stat line with 15 points and rebounded well and he had steals, blocks, and assists. And his team WON! I don't know how the teammates of each stacked up, but right now I would call Miller a winner. I would not use that word to descride Hopson when it comes to basketball.
August 13, 200719 yr So is the plan now for Riek to be 08? I don't think we'll know that for sure until next spring at the earliest...
August 13, 200719 yr I don't think we'll know that for sure until next spring at the earliest... I thought it was going to be a while before it was official, but wasnt sure since Ive been gone the last week and then saw he was #5 in the new 08 rankings.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.