Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baseball's Strange Language

Featured Replies

This thread is heaven...

 

It's always, 'he flied out to left'...

How about....

 

"2"- when the catcher wants to throw down

"I got it, I got it"

"Squeeze"

"Don't rub it"

"Mommie will wash it"

"Where was It" - when a coach, politely asks his Catcher on pitch location

"Fence"

"Pick up (name)" - when a player makes the last out, his glove/hat brought out

"Back-up 3rd"

"Cover Home"

"Replace the Feet"

"Put it in Play"

  • Replies 66
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heck, I think that only proves my point then, right?:D

 

Haha, it would prove you right...but not if GT is on my side of it, lol.

"Caught in a pickle"

"flippin the ball to 1st"

1. I always wondered why they were called Southpaws.

 

2. When you scatter the hits they usually don't get runs.

I always heard, it was more to do with the construction of the field and the Pitcher facing West, which would have his LH pitching arm, slotting from the South.

 

Not sure who coined the phrase....

Mike shannon likes to say "ole Abner has done it again"

"Air mailing it"

"Buckled his knees"

"knocking the cover off the ball"

"get back to the bag"

"power alley"

"around the horn"

"ate'em up"

"brushin him back"

"belted the ball"

"hit a bomb"- never quite liked this one because bombs blow up and I don't think i've ever seen a baseball blow up before.

Mike shannon likes to say "ole Abner has done it again"
Mike Shannon is drunk :lol:

That was 'tattooed'...

'A screamin BB'...

'A frozen rope'...

'Turn it over'...

'Twist it'...

'He's squeezin it'...

Coach to Pitcher: "Don't aim!"

Coach to Catcher: "Give him a good target."

'Pick it'...

'2-Bagger'...

'Good eyes'...

'Cajun ball!'...

 

That's it for now...

A lot of great ones mentioned, I don't think I have seen this one used yet.

 

"Take one for the team"

 

:lol:

"Let's play 2"

"Corners to the Plate"

"Roll 'em, in the middle"

"Whip"

Here's one I used to hear all of the time, "Hiiiiikkke Three."

 

Somewhere in the NKY umpiring manual, they mispelled Strike.

Here's one I used to hear all of the time, "Hiiiiikkke Three."

 

Somewhere in the NKY umpiring manual, they mispelled Strike.

....:lol: I've heard that, from several older Umps myself. Now that I think about it, I've heard several things from Umps....:sssh:

 

"That's enough"

"Do Not yell at me"

"You do your job and I'll do mine"

"You're outta hear" - not heard that one yet but have been "restricted"

"Don't leave the Dugout"

"caught napping"

"crossed up"

"sittin dead red"

"gun down"

"handcuffed"

"he hit a laser"

"leg-out"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.