The truth about SEC defenses.

RowdyRedRam

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A team with less resources and a smaller fan base that has recently started enjoying consistant success on the football field, including completely dominating the modern series with their in-state rival.

Now you go from talking "traditionally abysmal" and wins over 30 years or whatever to wanting to talk modern series head to head instead of the total series after talking history..............Classic (and a very predictable spin or your own posts) :laugh: :laugh:

:sleep: :sleep:

:laugh: :laugh: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: Imo there is not one team anywhere is the SEC that would back down from playing Louisvillle if it could be worked out :rolleyes: . U.L. playing SEC teams had better stick to U.K./, maybe try Vandy or Miss. St. / Ole Miss. - anyone else in the conference and you are in some serious trouble. I don't blame you for building yourselves up though ;) , no one else is going to........ and with good reason. :D

Well it obviously could be worked out, yet they don't. In Vandy's case it was and yet they backed out. We can only do so much to get someone on our schedule. I'm obviously not a homer but I think UofL fans have all the right to build up our program until someone knocks us down...

3. Maybe just maybe you should win a few more conference title and National Championships before you go to claiming national powerhouse. On the national scale of things you have done absolutely Nothing!
So if UK finished the last few seasons with the rankings UofL has and won a BCS game you would say they had done nothing? I don't think so. And I know you're not talking about me but for the record I have never once said that UofL was a national powerhouse.

Now you go from talking "traditionally abysmal" and wins over 30 years or whatever to wanting to talk modern series head to head instead of the total series after talking history..............Classic (and a very predictable spin or your own posts) :laugh: :laugh:

Way to read what you want to read.

I deny nothing about Louisville's past, in fact the years that I lettered for Louisville we were pathetic. You can spin this any way you want to but Louisville has done a whole lot more with a whole lot less then Kentucky has.

You nailed this one Oldrambler!!:thumb:

Well it obviously could be worked out, yet they don't. In Vandy's case it was and yet they backed out. We can only do so much to get someone on our schedule. I'm obviously not a homer but I think UofL fans have all the right to build up our program until someone knocks us down...

You say "I am obviously not a homer" but you refer to U.L. as "we" and fans as "us". hmmmmm:D

So if UK finished the last few seasons with the rankings UofL has and won a BCS game you would say they had done nothing? I don't think so. And I know you're not talking about me but for the record I have never once said that UofL was a national powerhouse.

Again, in you post previous to this one I was not talking to you but since you are me I will answer you. Again, U.L. has had some recent sucsess, especially last season. "Some" of U.L. fans mention U.L. as they are a national powerhouse. All I was saying is when they back it up then we can talk. "0" natioanal titles is not a powerehouse or traditon. I would name and list their conference titles but they have jumped so much from one to another I haven't cared to keep up. Beating Kentucky lately they have certainly done so if that task equates powerhouse then you are crowned a power :lol:.

Heck, as bad as Kentucky has been they have one National Title back in their history. :lol:

Point #1 - LSU

LSU- Four Schools ran over 100yrds vs LSU, only one was an SEC school.

Louisiana Lafayette rushed for 113 yards vs. LSU. The Tigers won that game 45-3.

Tulane rushed for 112 yards vs. LSU. The Tigers won that game 49-7.

Notre Dame rushed for 143 yards vs. LSU. The Tigers won that game 41-14.

Arkansas rushed for 298 yards vs. LSU. The Tigers won that game 31-26.

Draw your own conclusion there.

Point #2 - Alabama

Alabama- Hawaii passed for 350yrds. Three schools ran for over 200yrds vs the Tide only one was an SEC school.

Hawaii averaged 441 yards per game through the air in their pass-happy offense. So, the Tide held them almost 100 yards below their average. They also held them to 17 points...Alabam won the game 25-17.

Arkansas rushed for 172 yards vs. Alabama. Arkansas won 24-23.

Oklahoma State rushed for 207 yards vs. Alabama. OSU won 34-31.

Duke rushed for 201 yards vs. Alabama. Alabama won 30-14.

Again, draw your own conclusions.

Point #3 - Arkansas

Arkansas- USC made them look UGLY

Not much to respond to here...I seem to remember the Trojans making a lot of teams look ugly, including the team many claimed should have been playing for the national title (Michigan Wolverines). In any case, nothing much to say about this one.