Who will be Mr. Football 2007?

I think Ryan Phillippi is the best player on Henry Clay's team. Better than Gay or Boyd. He just doesn't get the ink the other two do. Have to also agree about Israel.

Yes, more WOW quotes. Phillippi the best player. WOW. Was he at the Trinity game? did he dress? did he play? Boyd definately had a better game against superior talent. I think Boyd (bloodlines) could play his position. Can he play Boyd's?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity who from? Offers or high interest?

Aaron probably has twenty offers total, right now. Included in that list is:

Kentucky, Louisville, NC State, Middle Tennessee, Miami (FL), Virginia, Cincinnati, and Michigan State.

He is a very sought after young man who seems to be very focused on having an outstanding senior campaign.

Aaron probably has twenty offers total, right now. Included in that list is:

Kentucky, Louisville, NC State, Middle Tennessee, Miami (FL), Virginia, Cincinnati, and Michigan State.

He is a very sought after young man who seems to be very focused on having an outstanding senior campaign.

He is very good. Alot better than I once thought he'd be. Want to see him use his height more.

Yes, more WOW quotes. Phillippi the best player. WOW. Was he at the Trinity game? did he dress? did he play? Boyd definately had a better game against superior talent. I think Boyd (bloodlines) could play his position. Can he play Boyd's?

Ryan Phillippi was at the Trinity game. In fact, he threw for 150 yards and two touchdowns in that game. I am not sure I understand the other questions.

If you are asking if Phillippi could play split end, the answer is very much, "yes". He is the fastest on the Henry Clay team that has outstanding speed. And that includes Aaron Boyd, Donte Gay, and Chase Minnifield last year.

Ryan Phillippi was at the Trinity game. In fact, he threw for 150 yards and two touchdowns in that game. I am not sure I understand the other questions.

If you are asking if Phillippi could play split end, the answer is very much, "yes". He is the fastest on the Henry Clay team that has outstanding speed. And that includes Aaron Boyd, Donte Gay, and Chase Minnifield last year.

Didn't look that fast against Trinity or Boyle, and definately not faster than Minnefield. He started the game, I was there. The kid was like a deer seeing headlights at qb. You are hyping him a bit aren't you? He didn't move to split end when Minnefield (Mr. Zoom) came in and sparked the team, did he? If he's that fast, wouldn't that have been the logical move? Put the ball in the hands of a speedster with talent.

Didn't look that fast against Trinity or Boyle, and definately not faster than Minnefield. He started the game, I was there. The kid was like a deer seeing headlights at qb. You are hyping him a bit aren't you? He didn't move to split end when Minnefield (Mr. Zoom) came in and sparked the team, did he? If he's that fast, wouldn't that have been the logical move? Put the ball in the hands of a speedster with talent.

That was the plan.....to get Minnifield the football.

The problem in that game was that Trinity scored at will everytime they had the football. I don't think they punted all night.

That was the plan.....to get Minnifield the football.

The problem in that game was that Trinity scored at will everytime they had the football. I don't think they punted all night.

Then you are working off of unknown opinions. Trinity did punt that night and Minnefield returned it for 6. They actually punted more than once. The plan is always to get Minnefield the ball. That's what coaches normally do with their best and fastest players. Heck, he's not even going to be the best in Lexington at his position. For Mr. Football, can you say, Logan Bunch from Lafayette? WOW!

I would say that Shawn is without a doubt one of the finest running backs in the state if not the best. He can run all over everyone and gain 3000 yards, but the sad truth is that with the media making the pic the support is just not on this side of the state. Now on the other hand if the Coachs were making the pick like they do in track I would say he would be the top contender. Russell just had a Mr. Track and that is picked by the Coachs. I hope I'm really wrong and he gets it.

Now we would not want the Coach,s to pick Mr. Football would we. After all they are the one's that know the players. Sorry for the sarcasm. My prediction is that the Mr. Football will come from the center of the state with the larger media.

I agree! But, outside of JC playing in and winning the state championship and Shawn having a huge run in the playoffs. His shot at doing this is very slim.

I agree! But, outside of JC playing in and winning the state championship and Shawn having a huge run in the playoffs. His shot at doing this is very slim.

I think JC could win the state championship and Shawn gain 400 yards in the game and it still would not happen. If his name had been out there as a 9th and 10th grader maybe a chance in this part of the state. I just don't think the media knows who he is in the areas that have all the voters. Do you know how many voters are in this area? One to my knowledge. Or at least thats what the one told me at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Israel (Lex Cath) will win it. They are the only team that will go undefeated and win a state championship in the central kentucky area. Fields is a spectacular athlete but he will lose 2 games this year at the least. Israel and the knights will walk to a state championship uncontested this year in 4A. Boyle could possibly upset them but not likely. The only loss Israel will have is to St X and he will do his fair share to win it but too many big horses. Look out St X, you might see the Princeton Spread (oops, Revere graduated, scratch that.) Great coaches take advantage of what they have and I thought using the Princeton spread against Franklin Co to come back from a 35 point 1/2 time deficit was great coaching. If you had not made that adjustment and gotten the ball in Revere's hands, the offensive & defensive line was going to quit on you. They were getting man-handled by the Newland kid. By the way Kentucky, Newland went to a prep-school and you may want to get him. HE IS A STUD!!!

How can you turn down 6'3" 275 of muscle that runs a 4.8 and plays offense and/or defensive line.

By the way, Revere is the best athlete I have seen in my tenure. Congrats on the success in professional baseball and I look forward to seeing you on the screen.

Israel (Lex Cath) will win it. They are the only team that will go undefeated and win a state championship in the central kentucky area. Fields is a spectacular athlete but he will lose 2 games this year at the least. Israel and the knights will walk to a state championship uncontested this year in 4A. Boyle could possibly upset them but not likely. The only loss Israel will have is to St X and he will do his fair share to win it but too many big horses. Look out St X, you might see the Princeton Spread (oops, Revere graduated, scratch that.) Great coaches take advantage of what they have and I thought using the Princeton spread against Franklin Co to come back from a 35 point 1/2 time deficit was great coaching. If you had not made that adjustment and gotten the ball in Revere's hands, the offensive & defensive line was going to quit on you. They were getting man-handled by the Newland kid. By the way Kentucky, Newland went to a prep-school and you may want to get him. HE IS A STUD!!!

How can you turn down 6'3" 275 of muscle that runs a 4.8 and plays offense and/or defensive line.

By the way, Revere is the best athlete I have seen in my tenure. Congrats on the success in professional baseball and I look forward to seeing you on the screen.

Then you haven't seen alot. Not that he isn't good though. What other weapons does catholic have on O?

Now that we have revised the four class system to six classes, do we need to revise the Mr. Football award? Is it time to give an award to a player in each classification? I personally would have a difficult time comparing stats between guys that play predominantly 6a competition compared to guys that play 1a. What about players whose teams play games against bigger schools? I think that "level of competition" should be a major factor for the "powers that be", when voting. Would the award have less prestiege if their were multiple winners? Thoughts?