Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Longest Losing Streaks

Featured Replies

Heading into the 2007, here are the longest current losing streaks in the state

 

33 - Bourbon County

27 - Atherton

26 - Muhlenberg North

26 - Bracken County

23 - Evangel Christian

16 - North Oldham

14 - Fulton City (were forced to forfeit seven wins last year)

I've been a part of this type of losing streak and it's no fun. Losing begets losing as players defect or otherwise quit the program and it just gets worse. While some will ridicule a team going thru this, I greatly respect and admire (and yes, feel sorry for) the kids who stick it out hoping for better days.

Scribe, I think Atherton has lost 27 in a row.

  • Author

I couldn't agree more. Casey County lost 40-something games in a row a few years back and now they make the playoffs on a regular basis. In today's society when many, many people (including school administrations) feel the easy way out is to quit, there is some admiration and respect involved toward the coaches and kids who try to ride out the storm.

  • Author
Scribe, I think Atherton has lost 27 in a row.
They have. I missed that one somehow. I fixed it. Thanks.
Heading into the 2007, here are the longest current losing streaks in the state

 

33 - Bourbon County

27 - Atherton

26 - Muhlenberg North

26 - Bracken County

23 - Evangel Christian

16 - North Oldham

14 - Fulton City (were forced to forfeit seven wins last year)

WOW, I am speechless

I know how it feels to be in a losing streak. Seems like every game when the first thing goes wrong, you start thinking here we go again. The most important thing to do is to believe and to have coaches who believe in you and you will eventually win games...

I really does become a culture. I have seen it carry over from the local pee-wee team. They lose on a regular basis so when they get to high school, it is not such a big deal to lose.

I really does become a culture. I have seen it carry over from the local pee-wee team. They lose on a regular basis so when they get to high school, it is not such a big deal to lose.

 

AMEN! Unfortunately most of the Optimist teams in Louisville don't enter High School "intact" or their would be some schools having very nice teams...Hikes Point and Highview in particular have had some tremendous Senior teams. But they scatter for 9th grade because of the talent. Some go to Male, some Trinity, some St X...in the case of Highview NONE EVER go to Moore because they have tasted constant winning and don't want to give it up...

NONE EVER go to Moore because they have tasted constant winning and don't want to give it up...

 

But isn't that one of the ways a losing string is perpetuated? I have more respect for those who persevere and give their all to change things than those who move on to an easier path.

I bet Bourbon County longs for the days of Carter Conley.

I think atherton even played Brossart in a scrimage and lost. They were a first year JV team.

I know Atherton's coaching staff, if returned, is going to get a win this year. They tried very hard last year and are committed to doing things the right way.

I bet Bourbon County longs for the days of Carter Conley.

I bet you are right!!! :thumb:

I hate to go against the grain, but I will. My Junior year we went 2-9 and my senior year we went 4-8. The next two years they went to the state finals losing 23-9 and 14-13. They've won atleast 10 games every since with 2 state titles.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.