Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Clay Clevenger gets Henderson Co. job

Featured Replies

Channel 14 out of Evansville just reported that Clay Clevenger (Offensive Coordinator at Lincoln Co.) has been named the HC at Henderson.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

I also watched channel 25 out of Evansville and they talked to Mike Jackson and he said that he is still very interested, so who knows what is really going.

I know they were real high on Clevenger, it was really neck & neck between him & Cobb.

According to WSON this morning Clay Clevenger has in fact been hired as the new head coach at Henderson.

According to WSON this morning Clay Clevenger has in fact been hired as the new head coach at Henderson.

Thats a great 2nd choice. Now, when he get's here, lock the gates until mid July:lol:

Tuesday June 19, 2007

 

Moving On: Clevenger surprised to be at Henderson

 

By LARRY VAUGHT

 

Even Clay Clevenger is surprised that he's the new head football coach at Henderson County.

 

 

"It has been a crazy few days," said Clevenger, the offensive coordinator at Lincoln County last season.

 

 

Clevenger had interviewed for the job about two weeks ago. However, Henderson, a class 6-A school, picked Somerset coach Jay Cobb to succeed Duffer Duffy, who resigned to take a job in Alabama. Clevenger decided to contact Somerset coaches about that vacancy, only to learn that Cobb had changed his mind about leaving Somerset.

 

 

Cobb announced Monday that he was resigning the job he accepted five days earlier, and Clevenger was hired the same day.

 

 

"I probably didn't really think I had a chance to get the job when I first interviewed because I have never been a head coach," Clevenger said. "I have always worked hard and I thought I was capable of being a head coach, even at a big school like Henderson. But I just didn't know if I would get the opportunity."

 

Rest of the story

I remember Clay from his playing days at Danville and I got to know him a little as an assistant coach at Lincoln County.

 

I wish him the best and I hope for much success for him.

Fine young man and a great football mind. Wonder if he'll install that C-N split back veer like he did at lincoln. Good luck Clay!

Clay is a great coach and a great guy. He deserves his shot and i think he will do well at Hendo

Congrats to Clay. He is a super person and coach. I wish him the best in a up hill battle but a great place to get started as a Head Coach.

Rebel, can you give us a link to the story?

 

Congrats Coach Clevenger!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.