LaVar Arrington Hurt in Motorcycle Crash

WASHINGTON - LaVar Arrington, a former member of the Washington Redskins and New York Giants, has been seriously hurt in a motorcycle crash Monday afternoon.

Prince George's County Fire tells WTOP that Arrington is in serious condition after the crash near Route 50 and the Capital Beltway.

Channel 9 reports Arrington was taken to Prince George's Hospital Center.

Arrington was drafted by the Redskins out of Penn State in 2000. He was cut by the New York Giants this year after suffering a season-ending foot injury.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=59841

The article may have been updated since you posted it...

It now says, "PRINCE GEORGE'S CO., Md. (WUSA)- Former Washington Redskin LaVar Arrington, while driving his motorcycle on the Rt. 50 West off-ramp to the outer-loop of 495, was involved in a serious crash when he lost control of the vehicle.

When Prince George's County Fire and Rescue arrived on the scene, Arrington was rushed to Prince George's Hospital Center priority one, which is the highest priority.

Arrington's wife and other relatives are at the hospital. A friend of Arrington's told 9NEWS NOW that he will be OK, and a spokeswoman for the hospital said he is in stable condition.

Arrington was drafted by the Washington Redskins as the second overall pick in the 2000 NFL draft. He was recently cut by the New York Giants at the end of last season due to injuries.

Arrington is currently a free agent."

Glad to see he is going to be alright.

You do not risk your profession by driving a motorcycle...now, as a free agent...I bet he won't be signed...

You do not know anything about the situation yet you jump to conclusions and call him an idiot? He could have been doing things the safest way possible. As far as I know he was not out doing stupid stunts, just riding. What's the big deal? I have NO PROBLEM with someone riding a motorcycle if that's what they choose to do and if they do it the safest way possible. If they're out doing stupid tricks, then it's stupid. But to call him an idiot? Talk about jumping to conclusions.

I ride, and I have to admit that if I made millions based on physical ability I would wait until my playing days were over. It's not like you play forever.

He was considering retirement anyways due to his string of injuries in his recent history.