Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dunbar is a good team but Wow there Sportsmanship is the worst

Featured Replies

I got to view PRP and Dunbar on the same night. Let me tell you,,,,you do not get any worst than the Dunbar players and some of there fans. I have never seen an umpiring crew take so much guff from players in a dug out in all the time I have watched baseball. The 1st base coach should have been thrown out and then he comes back to the dug out giving all 30 players high fives for his tyrant behavior in a state game against the ump. Then the rest of the game all of those JV players heckled along with the student section against the ump and the oppossing players. After the winning run is scored does the Dunbar players celebrate with there own fans noooooooooooooo.,, they ran straight in front of the apollo fans and over to the apollo dug out side beginning there celebration with a few taunts. If there was a baseball god Dunbar would have not won this game.

I've heard about poor sportsmanship out of Dunbar all season long. I've also heard rumblings that some heads may roll due to it.

I heard about it at the state tournament this week. I was told that in the 11th Region final, the players from the other public schools in Lexington were openly rooting for Lexington Catholic to beat Dunbar.

I got to view PRP and Dunbar on the same night. Let me tell you,,,,you do not get any worst than the Dunbar players and some of there fans. I have never seen an umpiring crew take so much guff from players in a dug out in all the time I have watched baseball. The 1st base coach should have been thrown out and then he comes back to the dug out giving all 30 players high fives for his tyrant behavior in a state game against the ump. Then the rest of the game all of those JV players heckled along with the student section against the ump and the oppossing players. After the winning run is scored does the Dunbar players celebrate with there own fans noooooooooooooo.,, they ran straight in front of the apollo fans and over to the apollo dug out side beginning there celebration with a few taunts. If there was a baseball god Dunbar would have not won this game.

 

 

I'm glad some other people are realizing this... In the sectional games it was constant taunting and chanting every inning of every game.

I got to view PRP and Dunbar on the same night. Let me tell you,,,,you do not get any worst than the Dunbar players and some of there fans. I have never seen an umpiring crew take so much guff from players in a dug out in all the time I have watched baseball. The 1st base coach should have been thrown out and then he comes back to the dug out giving all 30 players high fives for his tyrant behavior in a state game against the ump. Then the rest of the game all of those JV players heckled along with the student section against the ump and the oppossing players. After the winning run is scored does the Dunbar players celebrate with there own fans noooooooooooooo.,, they ran straight in front of the apollo fans and over to the apollo dug out side beginning there celebration with a few taunts. If there was a baseball god Dunbar would have not won this game.

 

 

I have heard Dunbar and PRP are two bad apples that fell off of the same poor sportsmanship tree. No place in high school baseball for this kind of behavior.

I have heard Dunbar and PRP are two bad apples that fell off of the same poor sportsmanship tree. No place in high school baseball for this kind of behavior.

I don't know anmything about Dunbar so I can't comment on that. I do know that I listened to a radio interview with the PRP coach before their game with Greenup Co. - he (coach) was not very impressive at all, blew off GC in a very sarcastic tone. I did not appreciate that, I am not a big GCHS fan at all but I am a 16th region fan. The PRP coach seemed very arrogant by those comments and others. I am not trying to trash PRP fans, just saying that if they do show bad sportsmanship then they may be going on the example set by their coach. His attitude in that interview I heard certainly would lead someone to believe that about him.

 

I hope that this was just one interview and I may had taken it wrong. One thing for sure is as you said, there is NO place for this in h.s. baseball or any other h.s. sport for that matter.

When Dunbar played Lexington Catholic at Catholic, the JV players dressed and sat on top of the dugout. I was surprised that the umpire didn't make them move (there were 4 there for that game, by the way). The chanting and stuff goes on from the dugout every single game.

I've heard about poor sportsmanship out of Dunbar all season long. I've also heard rumblings that some heads may roll due to it.

 

That type of behavior from the players should be controlled by the Coaches.

I played against both of these teams the past two days. For both PRP and Dunbar I didn't think the players had bad sportsmanship at all. Their fans were some of the worst...but the players I thought had great sportsmanship. I can only speak for the two games I've played against them, and in both games they acted fine.

  • Author
I played against both of these teams the past two days. For both PRP and Dunbar I didn't think the players had bad sportsmanship at all. Their fans were some of the worst...but the players I thought had great sportsmanship. I can only speak for the two games I've played against them, and in both games they acted fine.

I was referring to the Apollo game,,, if your game was competitive you might had seen a different side of Dunbar. By the way congratulations on a great playoff run.

That type of behavior from the players should be controlled by the Coaches.

That is the thing right there topper :thumb: . Players go on the example of their coach and if they get out of line or disrespect another player or umpire then they should be diciplined.

I also have heard that Dunbar's sportsmanship was nothing to be desired. I did see highlights on TV of the game between Dunbar and GRC. When Dunbar kid crossed the plate...he immediately began mouthing toward the GRC dugout. Just what I saw.

This thread serves no purpose, other to bash a program.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.