Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath 10 Dixie 4

Featured Replies

Nice depth when you can save your varsity staff and bring in the JV stud.

 

Not bad for a Ft Thomas kid.;)

  • Replies 72
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an ugly game from a Dixie standpoint. 4 errors in total when I left in the bottom of the 6th. A dropped fly ball, dropped pop-up, and misplayed grounders. Add to that, not being able to field a bunt. They did hit the ball tonight though, but hit it directly to someone most of the time. They are young, and the future looks bright though. I had to listen to the guy next to me complain about a freshman on the mound and an 8th grader behind he plate for a regional game. Then when a senior bunted to setup a freshman he had another comment. I'm guessing his son is an upper classman that got bumped out of the lineup by an underclassman.

Mass at 7pm, students are to be there at 6:30pm or so I am told by my wife.....

 

 

Well, here's your heads-up to get there early to get a parking spot as there are two baseball games starting at 6:30. ;)

What an ugly game from a Dixie standpoint. 4 errors in total when I left in the bottom of the 6th. A dropped fly ball, dropped pop-up, and misplayed grounders. Add to that, not being able to field a bunt. They did hit the ball tonight though, but hit it directly to someone most of the time. They are young, and the future looks bright though. I had to listen to the guy next to me complain about a freshman on the mound and an 8th grader behind he plate for a regional game. Then when a senior bunted to setup a freshman he had another comment. I'm guessing his son is an upper classman that got bumped out of the lineup by an underclassman.

 

Its my understanding that the hopes of Dixie baseball rest with the next year's SOPH and FROSH class.

No matter who says what, this game will be settled on the field. This is a place for fans to show their allegiance to the teams they adore and each has done so quite often on this site. All Ryle fans are saying that they will win and that they expect to win as are Cov Cath fans.

Should be a fantastic ballgame and I can't wait to go watch.

Dixie should be proud of getting to the semis. Nichols was incredible and shows what great pitching does for a team. Congrats to CovCath on advancing and good job, Dixie, giving it all you had and playing with enthusiasm.

The House came in and did his thing and then Matthew Reis came in to mop up. IMO Darner the CovCath outfielder who is getting the opportunity to drive in the runs with Dixie not pitching to Maile was the hitting star of the game. Maybe teams will learn that if you walk Maile you still have RD to deal with.....

 

Will let other post about this game....

 

I want to thank all the CovCath Coaches, players, and especially the CovCath parents for being so nice to me and making Theoldguy feel so very, very welcome when I watch the the CovCath games. I will not be able to attend the championship game due to my daughters Baccalaureate Mass at St. A's on Wednesday. While I would love to see the Colonels play and beat the Raiders, I want more to see my daughter graduate from NDA, as I am so proud of her, and what she has acomplihed...

 

Good luck Colonels see you next week at St. Henry.....[/QUO

 

Ouch....are we looking past the Raiders??????

 

cc: Pat Roesel's Bullitin Board

 

Gee, I hope Pat as in former CovCath player, alum, just like theoldguy, is more concerned about what I write, becasue if he is, then Ryle is indeed in trouble.. Personally I think you guys are much more concerned about what I write than what Coach Pat is.....

 

Just remember this, once a CovCath Colonel always a CovCath Colonel....:D

I thought the 8th grader did a excellent job behind the plate. Think you will be hearing some good things from him over the next several years. Good luck to the Colonels from Dixie next year. Errors hurt them tonight but I didn't see anyone hanging their heads.

Its my understanding that the hopes of Dixie baseball rest with the next year's SOPH and FROSH class.

 

I would definitely say the future is bright.

I thought the 8th grader did a excellent job behind the plate. Think you will be hearing some good things from him over the next several years. Good luck to the Colonels from Dixie next year. Errors hurt them tonight but I didn't see anyone hanging their heads.

 

Popham did a very solid job behind the plate tonight. He threw out a runner at third and second tonight, and he was always backing up 1st and 3rd when he was suppose to.

Must be the name. Popham=defense!!!! LOL

Must be the name. Popham=defense!!!! LOL

 

I'm assuming Shane missed a sign tonight for Krumps to sit him on a 0-1 count.

 

Gee, I hope Pat as in former CovCath player, alum, just like theoldguy, is more concerned about what I write, becasue if he is, then Ryle is indeed in trouble.. Personally I think you guys are much more concerned about what I write than what Coach Pat is.....

 

Just remember this, once a CovCath Colonel always a CovCath Colonel....:D

 

Didn't email it for Pat....I emailed it for the players. And none of them went to Cov Cath.

Congratulations to all the Dixie seniors!

 

 

Also, Matt Nichols can really crank the ball. That deep one to center field would have been a home run at most of the high school fields around here.

 

 

Way to go CCH.... Can't wait to see what you'll do in tonight's game against Ryle.

Not bad for a Ft Thomas kid.;)

 

 

Hey, you're welcome. Just how did he end up over there anyhow? :sssh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.