Moves that will make the REDS better in long run.

Dunn, Hatteberg,Weathers,Arroyo and Encarnacion should all be on the trading block for youth(pitching and otherwise). Bring up Votto and Bailey now. Name Joe Giraldi or Paul O' Neill as your new manager. Brandon Phillips, Freel, Junior, Moeller, Valentin, Hamilton, Harang, Gonzalez and some of their current young relievers should be the only ones safe from trade.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunn, Hatteberg,Weathers,Arroyo and Encarnacion should all be on the trading block for youth(pitching and otherwise). Bring up Votto and Bailey now. Name Joe Giraldi or Paul O' Neill as your new manager. Brandon Phillips, Freel, Junior, Moeller, Valentin, Hamilton, Harang, Gonzalez and some of their current young relievers should be the only ones safe from trade.

I think you must be the guy that usually sits behind me when I attend a Reds game. :lol: :lol: :lol:

E-5 is only 24 and Arroyo is a solid #2 or 2A next to Harang. With Griffey gone after next year, the Reds will likely keep Dunn, I just hope they don't sign him to anything longer than a 3 year deal. No need to handcuff yourself from future moves just to sign him.

Hatteberg turns 38 this year and Conine will turn 41 this year. Who knows how much longer those guys will be around. Changes are needed, but this team has some decent players to be build around.

You don't think Moeller is an all star in the making!?!? :scared:

:lol:

No, but he is a pretty good solid catcher. He isnt no Paul Lo Duca or anybody like that, but he is pretty good. He's hitting .273 right now, a higher batting avg. then both Valentine and Ross. His OBP is higher than Ross and his SLG % is the highest out of the three. He has 6 K's on the year while Ross has 45. And so far this year he has a 1.000 FPCT, no errors. I know he isnt the best catcher in the world, but I would keep him.

No, but he is a pretty good solid catcher. He isnt no Paul Lo Duca or anybody like that, but he is pretty good. He's hitting .273 right now, a higher batting avg. then both Valentine and Ross. His OBP is higher than Ross and his SLG % is the highest out of the three. He has 6 K's on the year while Ross has 45. And so far this year he has a 1.000 FPCT, no errors. I know he isnt the best catcher in the world, but I would keep him.

If they are going to keep him, they need to drop Ross or Valentin in the off season, this 3 catcher crap is ridiculous. I know Valentin is more a pinch hitter than a part time catcher, but someone needs to be dropped before next season. If not before the end of this season.

He has only had 22 at bats. :lol: And he is a career .230 hitter come on guys. He last 3 season he has hit under .210.

Yeah, so? he hasnt made an error yet, while Ross has made an error. He isnt much of a hitter, hes 5th on the team in batting avg. Im not saying hes an all star, but I would want to keep this guy.

Yeah, so? he hasnt made an error yet, while Ross has made an error. He isnt much of a hitter, hes 5th on the team in batting avg. Im not saying hes an all star, but I would want to keep this guy.

He's has had 22 at bats. :lol: He has played in 14 games and a lot of those aren't starts. Pretty easy to not have any errors if you don't ever play. It's not even a fair comparison.

He's has had 22 at bats. :lol: He has played in 14 games and a lot of those aren't starts. Pretty easy to not have any errors if you don't ever play. It's not even a fair comparison.

Im not comparing them at all. Im just saying thats what I would do, I would keep Moeller.

My moves:

1: Fire Narron, hire Ken Mache, Joe Girardi, or Davey Johnson...Sleeper: See if Barry Larkin would be interested....

2: Trade Adam Dunn to the Padres for Scott Linebrink and a starter(Germano maybe). Call up Joey Votto and start playing him in LF against RH and 1st against LH...When he's at first put Conine in LF.

3: Trade Griffey to Boston for Jon Lester and/or Jason Gabbard. Play Hamilton everyday in RF.

4: Release Eric Milton or trade him somewhere for a couple lower-level minor leaguers. Do same for Kyle Loshe....Call up Bobby Livingston

5: Release Mike Stanton and call up Marcus MacBeth...

6: Put Gabbard at AAA Louisville, and call up Homer Bailey.

Have a starting lineup of.....

1: Ryan Freel CF

2: Scott Hatteberg 1B

3: Joey Votto LF

4: Brandon Phillips 2B

5: Josh Hamilton RF

6: Edwin Encarnacion 3B

7: Alex Gonzalez SS

8: David Ross C

9: Pitcher

Rotation:

1: Aaron Harang

2: Bronson Arroyo

3: Jon Lester

4: Homer Bailey

5: Matt Belilse

Bullpen:

RH-Victor Santos

LH-Bobby Livingston

LH-Jon Coutlangus

RH-Marcus MacBeth

RH-David Weathers

RH-Jared Burton

RH-Scott Linebrink (Closer)

Bench:

C-Javy Valentine

IF-Juan Castro

OF/IF-Jeff Conine

OF-Norris Hopper

IF-Jeff Keppinger

Once Hatteberg's contract is up, or Jay Bruce is ready, you move Votto to 1st and you have a open spot for Bruce. Conine could be used as a situational PH at that point.

Would it cause a drastic turnaround right away? No, but I believe it would give them a young solid rotation with a couple minor leaguers who would be ready to go if anyone faltered (Germano and Gabbard). The lineup would be weaker for now, however it opens the door for Bruce when he's ready and frees up a nice amount of cap room to address any concerns in the FA market.