Top Posters In This Topic

15th

1.Bill Mike Runyon-Paintsville

2.Neil West-Magoffin Co.

3.Jason Booher-Shelby Valley

4.Johnny Martin-Allen Central

5.Randy Casey-Belfry

6.Mark Starns-Johnson Central

Top Assistant: Rady Martin-South Floyd, wold instatly become one of the top 4 if he was hired as a head coach. He has unbelivable knowlege of the game and knows what it takes to win. Word is that he may be South Floyds next Head Coach.

Pretty good list.

However, Jim Hicks and his staff at Conner are very good as well, talk about a tough tourney program, seems like every year they beat someone they shouldn't.

Agreed. I've stated it before Hicks is a very good coach. Not my favorite style, but he does one heck of a job. My List would go like this.

1. Dave Faust-St Henry-Best all around coach

2. Willie Schlarman-Highlands-Best Defensive coach

3. Dave Henley-Holmes-Great Talent, Great Composure, Great Leader

4. Jim Hicks-Conner-Best Big Game "Gameplanner"

5. Mike Listerman-CovCath-Best Talent Year in Year out

Mike Reitz has more regional titles than those four coaches put together. No matter what, he should be mentioned as a top coach in the 10th.

Because of what he used to do? He hasn't made it out of the district the past two years, so until he shows he still has it, I think those four are better...

I really don't understand the infatuation with Mays in the 16th. He has had team after team come through Sandy Hook, and he has 3 district titles in 20 some odd years. He happens to have a group of kids who are so talented that he can't hold them back. Coach Mays is a good guy, I just don't believe he belongs in this conversation. He also has the luxury of being at a school where basketball is the only sport that matters, and he can have his kids focused year-round.