Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conference's Alltime starting 5

Featured Replies

I thought Phil Ford might have been the best college point guard I have seen.

 

Based on judging him by the effect on the game, I'd agree.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about this ACC roster? Mine would be:

Tim Duncan, Wake Forest

James Worthy, North Carolina

Lenny Bias, Maryland

Christian Laettner, Duke

Grant Hill, Duke

David Thompson, North Carolina State

Michael Jordan, North Carolina

Ralph Sampson, Virginia

Kenny Anderson, Georgia Tech

John Lucas, Maryland

J.J. Redick, Duke

Tom McMillan, Maryland

Guys it honestly pains me to do this, but I think it would be awfully hard to leave Laettner off any 1st team All ACC team if your doing it solely because of what the players accomplished in college. The guy lead his team to 2 National titles and more importantly showed up for big games.

Okay the positions are a little off, but here is my SEC 5.

 

Pete Maravich

Jamal Mashburn

Bernard King

Dan Issel

Shaquille Oneal

 

2nd Team

 

Kyle Macy

Chuck Person

Alan Houston

Charles Barkley

Dominique Wilkins

  • Author
I'd put both Bias and Tim Duncan ahead of Laettner.

I'd have to put Len Bias in there ahead of Laettner...

Didn't think Bias was a power forward but a small forward. And David Thompson should FIRMLY have a slot on this team.

 

Thought hard about Duncan but UK and Pitino made Duncan look like he couldn't play.

 

Also, Laettner was good enough as a college player to be on the original Dream Team. Match up Laettner and Duncan's success simply in college and I think Laettner gets it.

 

I did give hard consideration of Duncan (wasn't he a center in college) over Sampson and could agree to that.

ACC

PG- Bobby Hurley

SG- Michael Jordan

SF- Vince Carter

PF- James Worthy

C- Tim Duncan

SEC

PG-Kyle Macy

SG-Pistol Pete

C- Shaquille O'Neal

PF-Dan Issel

SF-Bernard King

ACC

PG- Bobby Hurley

SG- Michael Jordan

SF- Vince Carter

PF- James Worthy

C- Tim Duncan

 

May I ask your age?

Pistol Pete led the NCAA in scoring in 1970 with an average of 44.5 ppg. Name the SEC player who led the nation with an average of 40.2 the following year.

 

hint: He left for an early entry into the ABA and was hardly heard from again.

I'd put both Bias and Tim Duncan ahead of Laettner.

 

I agree!:thumb:

I agree with the comment earlier of Phil Ford over Dixon.

 

MJ would be my SG freeing up a spot at SF for David Thompson.

 

And as a UK fan I HATE making this next statement, but looking purely at collegiate career, Christian Laettner has to be the PF.

 

So my 5 would be

PG Phil Ford

SG MJ

SF David THompson

PF Christian Laettner

C Ralph Sampson

 

This is a much better list. Lyn bias ( not sure on the spelling) was a great player at Maryland.

How about this ACC roster? Mine would be:

Tim Duncan, Wake Forest

James Worthy, North Carolina

Lenny Bias, Maryland

Christian Laettner, Duke

Grant Hill, Duke

David Thompson, North Carolina State

Michael Jordan, North Carolina

Ralph Sampson, Virginia

Kenny Anderson, Georgia Tech

John Lucas, Maryland

J.J. Redick, Duke

Tom McMillan, Maryland

 

I think Antwan Jameson could make this roster, but not sure who I would kick out.

I think Antwan Jameson could make this roster, but not sure who I would kick out.

 

Even though Redick's number were very good I would kick Redick off and put Jameson on. He was a better player than Redick in college.

Has any conference had any better bunch of PG than the ACC?

 

The top three assist leaders in NCAA history.

 

Hurley - Duke

Cota - UNC

Chris Corchiani - NC state

 

Then you have Kenny Anderson, Phil Ford, Jason Williams and several others...

OVC

PG - Van Usher, Tennessee Tech

SG - Ricky Minard, Morehead St.

SF - Carlos Rogers, Tennessee St.

PF - Popeye Jones, Murray St.

C - Lorenzo Coleman, Tennesee Tech

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.