Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conference's Alltime starting 5

Featured Replies

Well we did if for all of college basketball.

Now debating the top conference of all time.

So, let's merge the two threads into

The starting five PER CONFERENCE of all time.

Same rules, stay with a PG, SG, SF, PF, C.

But let's add a coach for the team

 

I will start one with the SEC

 

Pg Kyle Macy

Sg Pistol

Sf Bernard King

Pf Dan Issel

C Shaq

Coach Rupp

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ACC

PG Juan Dixon

SG JJ Redick

SF MJ

PF James Worthy

C Ralph Sampson

SEC 2nd Team would include possibly Jamal Mashburn, Charles Barkley, Dominic Wilkins, Chuck Person, Chris Jackson.

  • Author
SEC 2nd Team would include possibly Jamal Mashburn, Charles Barkley, Dominic Wilkins, Chuck Person, Chris Jackson.

I thought long and hard about Chris Jackson for PG but decided he was more of a scorer while Macy was more of a point guard.

 

Leaving Mashburn, Barkley, Wilkins and Person off was hard to do.

 

Bernard was phenomenal and the reason why UT dominated UK during that time and possibly the reason fans never took to Joe B.

 

Dominic was a freak and Barkley is my favorite player of all time. Person was a phenomenal shooter.

Agreed with your team LBBC! I was just saying that there are so many great players from the SEC, hard to leave anyone off..

SEC

 

G-Ralph Beard

G-Pete Maravich

F-Bernard King

F-Dan Issel

C-Shaquiille O'Neal

Hard to leave out Ernie grunfeld and Allen Houston, too...

  • Author
Hard to leave out Ernie grunfeld and Allen Houston, too...

Actually, it is not hard if you consider them solely Shooting guards and Pistol is in front of them. That then ONeal was the easiest two names to type onto the team.

 

Ralph Beard would be a good selection at PG, too.

ACC

PG Juan Dixon

SG JJ Redick

SF MJ

PF James Worthy

C Ralph Sampson

Some good choices. One change I would make:

 

UNC's Phil Ford at the point over Juan Dixon who was a two-guard at Maryland. Steve Blake played mostly point guard.

 

I thought Phil Ford might have been the best college point guard I have seen.

ACC - agree that Phil Ford should be the PG.

 

Got to make room somewhere on the list for David Thompson - maybe the best collegiate player ever in the conference.

  • Author
ACC

PG Juan Dixon

SG JJ Redick

SF MJ

PF James Worthy

C Ralph Sampson

I agree with the comment earlier of Phil Ford over Dixon.

 

MJ would be my SG freeing up a spot at SF for David Thompson.

 

And as a UK fan I HATE making this next statement, but looking purely at collegiate career, Christian Laettner has to be the PF.

 

So my 5 would be

PG Phil Ford

SG MJ

SF David THompson

PF Christian Laettner

C Ralph Sampson

I agree with the comment earlier of Phil Ford over Dixon.

 

MJ would be my SG freeing up a spot at SF for David Thompson.

 

And as a UK fan I HATE making this next statement, but looking purely at collegiate career, Christian Laettner has to be the PF.

 

So my 5 would be

PG Phil Ford

SG MJ

SF David THompson

PF Christian Laettner

C Ralph Sampson

 

I'd have to put Len Bias in there ahead of Laettner...

I'd have to put Len Bias in there ahead of Laettner...

 

I'd put both Bias and Tim Duncan ahead of Laettner.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.