May 6, 200719 yr UK does not need Lucas. We already have Jasper, Meeks, Porter, Bradley, Crawford, and Legion. Who do we have at big men, Stewart and Jared Carter? they are good players, but they are the answers to our big men problem. We need Patterson, point blank. Lucas would just be another guard that will get some playing time, but not much becuase of all the guards we have. From what I have heard and seen on Rivals, Beas Hamga is most likely going to come to UK next year if he graduates early. Hamga lives with his High School coach, and his coach's brother goes to UK, and Hamga has said that that gives UK an advantage. Get 2 big men, Patterson and Hamga, not another guard. Good guards don't win national championships by themselves with no big men, good big men with decent guards do, and that is what we will have is good big men with good guards if Hamga and Patterson come to UK, if not, we will have good guards and no inside presence.
May 6, 200719 yr Well, I'm kind of hoping that we get Hamga and Sanchez. Those are the two players I would like this year. However Patterson and Lucas have been laying it out for us to play it out.
May 6, 200719 yr Imo we could definately use Lucas at ther point. I do think that Jasper will have to gain more confidence in his shot and at the point(which I beieve he will) and I am far from sold on Bradley out there. Meeks to me is much better at the 2G. JMO
May 7, 200719 yr My thoughts on Patterson and Lucas are this..wherever they decide to go...they have waited to the last second to decide,therfore,they are going to be expected to produce immediately and be impact players as freshmen. Anything less,and the pressure cooker goes on high,fair or unfair, (kind of like a coach I know),so my question is..are they THAT good,and if they are somewhat subpar at the start,can they handle the pressure...and they have brought this pressure on themselves by waiting this long to decide!! It all boils down to..they have talked the talk,can they walk the walk!
May 7, 200719 yr Lucas would be the only TRUE PG on the roster and he would start from the first day he steps on the court!!!
May 7, 200719 yr Lucas would be the only TRUE PG on the roster and he would start from the first day he steps on the court!!! This would be true.
May 7, 200719 yr If I had my choice, I, too, believe UK needs bigmen more than guards, so, I'd like to see PP and BH if it were to come down to only 2, but, to say UK doesn't need Lucas isn't true...They do need a true PG and he would be a big part of the team if he chooses UK...
May 7, 200719 yr You mentioned a lot of guards at the top of this thread, none of which other than Bradley can score and are true PG's. Thus, why we could need Lucas.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.