May 6, 200719 yr I have exchanged correspondances with a friend of mine who is fairly in-tune with recruiting and UK, and provides good scoop. There is some scuttlebutt that Lucas may be holding off on a decision to see what exactly Patterson does. However, it may seem that things may be coming to a head by Friday, if not sooner. It may be that these two (JL & PP) are attached at the hip. There has been some positive movement regarding Patterson and UK. For a while Lucas has had UK right there with his top choices. I think that John Lucas and Tywanna Patterson are the ones driving this recruitment and ultimately the decision, not so much that they will choose the school but are processing the information that will impact the decision. One thing that has been popping up and has gained footing is Donovan's flirtations with the NBA. There is evidence that Donovan met with the Grizzlies and the Heat are not done with Donovan. This is an issue. Hence, John Lucas has a feeling that BD may not be there for four years that his son is in school. The same can be said for the Patterson's. One of the things that the Patterson's have repeatedly said is they were looking to get to know BCG more. Gillispie made an appearance in Huntington after visiting with Chris Singleton last week, there is some speculation that he proceeded with information obtained at that meeting and flew to Illinois and passed on word to Hamga not to commit at that point, that a scholarship may not be available. Gillispie will be speaking in Huntington, this week, at the HHS banquet. As of now, it looks like something will happen later this week, and by all I have heard, things are looking very positive for UK. Not going to say it is a "done deal", but that UK is in a great position.
May 6, 200719 yr Author Actually the timing is not that grreat for BD, but it only takes one team to agree to give him complete control.
May 6, 200719 yr Author In addition, I would like to say that Duke is not out of the equation. Pretty much a two team race for Lucas and a three team race for PP. If PP goes to Duke Lucas will be at UK.
May 6, 200719 yr At this point, I almost think I would reather have Sanchez and Hamga. But I don't think we could go wrong with PP of Jai. :thumb:
May 6, 200719 yr Author Sanchez is not an REAL at this point. He has not been offered contrary to what some have reported. He has real close ties to Arkansas. We shall see.
May 6, 200719 yr Author It became known today that Taurean Greene signed with an agent. Now the wacky part is that a UF site is claiming that John and Jai Lucas were both in attendance at the signing. Very odd and not sure if it is even true. Things can change on a dime in the recruiting world.
May 6, 200719 yr Good news there. So when is the last possible day that they can sign with a team? Not sure which one, but I heard a comment that they said they may never sign and just enroll in the fall at a school of their choice.
May 7, 200719 yr No kidding AI.....I would love to see schools sign others and run out of scholarships
May 7, 200719 yr At this point, I almost think I would reather have Sanchez and Hamga. But I don't think we could go wrong with PP of Jai. :thumb: :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.