Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville Eastern 43 Whitefield Academy 0

Featured Replies

There is no reason why these two teams are playing each other. Also there is no reason why the score should have been that bad once a team is up big call off the dogs and play some ball players that don't see alot of playing time. That is very unsportsmen like.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what Eastern did to control the score so it is hard to judge, but there must have been something they could do. I coached an all star game one time where the score got WAY out of hand. I told my players they were benched if they stole a base under any circumstances and later I quietly told base runners to get picked off. I didn't know what else to do. Another time I had a pitcher that was working a no hitter with a huge lead. When he got on base I told him no steals. When he started to protest, I asked him if he wanted to finish his no hitter, because if he stole a base, he was finished for the day. He didn't steal. Was there anything Eastern could have done? I don't know, but I sure hope they tried and I hope that evryone that dressed played.

Check that, if WA can't do any better than this, they need to drop out of KHSAA competition, because they clearly don't belong.

 

And WA beat Waggener (6-12) earlier in the year. Eastern should have acted like they have won before...I don't see any school showing Eastern any mercy if the opportunity arises.

I think it would be more embarrassing as a coach for a team to make outs on purpose than to get beat that badly.

If you can throw strikes & field the ball you won't lose this badly. It was mentioned that WA had 8 or 9 errors. If I had to bet, I'd say that's with a generous score keeper. I wonder how many walks they had?

 

I know that everybody wants to be one of the "big boys", but you have to know your limits. If WA can't compete on an elite level, then it's their own fault for scheduling Eastern.

If WA can't compete on an elite level, then it's their own fault for scheduling Eastern.

 

I sure wouldn't consider Eastern on an elite level.

The kids from Whitfield Academy deserve some praise for not quitting. I hope they never have to experience this type of game again.

I sure wouldn't consider Eastern on an elite level.

 

I didn't mean to imply that Eastern was on an elite level; however, they are a big school (presumably much bigger than Whitefield Academy) and that is why I said "big boys". If they are losing this bad against Eastern, I'd hate to see what happened against the state's top teams.

I sure wouldn't consider Eastern on an elite level.

Eastern has the best record in the 7th region. That's pretty elite.

  • Author
Eastern has the best record in the 7th region. That's pretty elite.

 

:thumb:

 

Eastern is TOUGH year in and year out.

:thumb:

 

Eastern is TOUGH year in and year out.

Yeah, just check their stats.:D

If you can throw strikes & field the ball you won't lose this badly. It was mentioned that WA had 8 or 9 errors. If I had to bet, I'd say that's with a generous score keeper. I wonder how many walks they had?

 

I know that everybody wants to be one of the "big boys", but you have to know your limits. If WA can't compete on an elite level, then it's their own fault for scheduling Eastern.

 

 

Yes, you're right. Whitefield has clearly scheduled some opponents that are out of their league. To be more specific, either Whitefield's COACH or AD made some questionable scheduling decisions. However, I would suggest that some of these "big boys" have made equally poor scheduling choices by lining up games against an opponent they know (or strongly suspect) they will crush.

 

What it truly important here, however, is that the Whitefield PLAYERS did not deserve this. They did not schedule the game. They were handed their schedule, told when and where to show up, and do the best they could. I'm sure they did and clearly their best fell far short of meaningfully competing in this game (and several others). Blame whomever you want for scheduling this game, but the Whitefield PLAYERS did not deserve to be humiliated in this fashion. Period. At the end of the day, baseball is a GAME and these are just young men trying to have some fun, and did not need to be embarrassed and brutally reminded that they are nowhere near the talent level of the "big boys."

Yeah, just check their stats.:D

 

Yeah I'm sure they padded them in their 43-0 win. Have they ever made it to the State? Are they real contenders or just pretenders?

This score is ridiculous. No team deserves to be beaten this badly. I can remember playing high school ball and we were up 21-0 in the 3rd inning. Our coach pulled all of the starters out and sat us all on the bench and told the freshman team to come finish the game (who played a night game after ours) and told everyone who batted they better not look for a walk and swing no matter where the pitch is even if it's 2 feet over our head or bounces to the plate.

I have coached many AAU games where the team we were playing was very underclassed. Realistically we may have been able to win some of them 50-0. You will never convince me that in a game with teams mismatched by so much you can not control the score. Here are some pointers for teams that find themselves in such a situation.

 

1) Take only one base at a time (i.e. runner on first only goes to second even if ball is hit to fence)

 

2) Do not steal or advance on past balls

 

3) Ask your batters to swing at any reasonable pitch. No they should not strike out on purpuse but should swing at anything within reach.

 

4) Bring in a pitcher that has little or no experience and give him a chance to feel the thrill of being on the mound.

 

There are other classy things that can be done, but I am hard pressed to think anyone could win by 43 runs and be making a reasonable attempt to control the score.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.