Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Cincinnati a strong "baseball town?"

Featured Replies

I used to think so only because I'm from here and would like to believe so.

 

But the past couple of years, the majority of people just show every time they open there mouth that they obvioulsy have no clue about the game.

 

The Reds do not sell out, most "fans" are clueless, why would this town be a "good baseball town" like St. Louis, Chicago, Boston?

They haven't had a decent team in 8 years now, whenever the wild card playoff game was. They had a nice walk up crowd for that Philly series. I think it's like anything else, they start winning, people will show up.

 

Don't the Bengals have a waiting list on season tickets now? Would ANYONE have guessed that about 5 years ago? The White Sox always had "decent attendance" but they start contending and putting a winning team on the field, now they get sell outs for most home games. Would be nice for people to support their team win or lose, but more often than not, it's not the case.

  • Author

 

Don't the Bengals have a waiting list on season tickets now? Would ANYONE have guessed that about 5 years ago?

The Bengals have always sold out, or almost sold out. Even through the 90's.
The Bengals have always sold out, or almost sold out. Even through the 90's.

 

http://bengals.enquirer.com/1999/11/26/ben_bengals_fans_staying.html

 

http://bengals.enquirer.com/2000/11/22/ben_sellout_fever_not.html

 

The Bengals would use a system called “tickets distributed,” and does not reflect actual turnstile attendance. Now they weren't the only team to do it, but it inflates your numbers.

I used to think so only because I'm from here and would like to believe so.

 

But the past couple of years, the majority of people just show every time they open there mouth that they obvioulsy have no clue about the game.

 

The Reds do not sell out, most "fans" are clueless, why would this town be a "good baseball town" like St. Louis, Chicago, Boston?

 

I would not call Cincinnati a baseball town. I believe with the exception of Boston and St. Louis, the majority of markets are football first these days.

I would not call Cincinnati a baseball town. I believe with the exception of Boston and St. Louis, the majority of markets are football first these days.

 

Unless you live in Miami, those people LOVE their Marlins. :lol:

I would not call Cincinnati a baseball town. I believe with the exception of Boston and St. Louis, the majority of markets are football first these days.

 

Cincinnati use to be a baseball town, but however as I been saying the city has turned into more of a football town. I believe even if the Reds were winning all the time, that we wouldn't be selling out all the time like these other true baseball towns do. Just the whole area even down to highschool has turned into more of a football loving place....

I would not call Cincinnati a baseball town. I believe with the exception of Boston and St. Louis, the majority of markets are football first these days.

 

The Bronx also, don't forget about those Yankee fans, even though I hate the Yankees, they have awsome and loyal fans.

The Bronx also, don't forget about those Yankee fans, even though I hate the Yankees, they have awsome and loyal fans.

I nearly added them but the love is shared with football. The Yankees carry a big national repuation and the market is massive... the Yankees may be more popular nation wide, but the Giants and Jets receive a lot of support. I would not go as far as to say New York is a baseball first town, but it shares the spotlight.

 

NY... Baseball #1

Football #1A (just below but very popular)

  • Author
The Bronx also, don't forget about those Yankee fans, even though I hate the Yankees, they have awsome and loyal fans.
"When they were awful in the 80's no one went.

Cincy is a baseball town, in need of a team with solid management....without so...they shouldn't be showing up.

Leather Pants and what he did to this franchise set the majority of baseball fans in this town back to the stone ages. They don't know the game on talk radio. They don't know the game on the message boards and blogs. And those at the game are the worst of the bunch. It's sad considering the history...

Cincy is a baseball town, in need of a team with solid management....without so...they shouldn't be showing up.

 

Not anymore and I dont think it ever will be again. The whole area from pros down to the highschool level is a football town now....

A city as big as Cincy has room for both.....they don't have the room to be a college town though.

Leather Pants and what he did to this franchise set the majority of baseball fans in this town back to the stone ages. They don't know the game on talk radio. They don't know the game on the message boards and blogs. And those at the game are the worst of the bunch. It's sad considering the history...

 

Oh, so we don't know the game!?! :fight: :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.